Chief Financial Officer
Company: SMA Healthcare
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Top reasons to work for SMA Healthcare:
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Great benefits such as: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, &
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Personal Leave (up to 25 days after 3 years of
- 403b Retirement Plan (matches one to one of employee
contribution for the first 3%, then a 50% match on the next 6% of
Working Hours:40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm with flexibility
This is highly responsible professional position overseeing the
agency's financial condition, maintaining fiscal systems and
developing policies and procedures that guide the organization's
financial practices. Work involves ensuring achievement of
financial objectives through budget development, evaluations and
revisions, communicating proposed budgets and financial status to
Board, coordinating annual audits, and ensuring compliance with
laws and regulations that guide accounting requirements and grant
Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
and 5 years progressively responsible experience in financial
management and 2 years progressively responsible supervisory
experience; or any equivalent combination of training and
experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities, and
5+ years of healthcare related experience required.
A Masters Degree from an accredited College or University in
Business or similarly related field is preferred.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Florida or a Certified
Management Accountant (CMA) is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, theories and practices of
financial and patient accounting, auditing and budget management.
Thorough knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, policies,
rules regulations and standards pertaining financial and patient
accounting and budgeting and third party reimbursements for client
- Thorough knowledge of development, improvement, and maintenance
of internal accounting controls appropriate for accounting,
reporting, and business operations. Thorough knowledge of budget
preparation and management.
- Considerable knowledge of application controls applied through
management information systems. Considerable knowledge of data
processing applications for financial and patient accounting,
auditing and budget analysis and preparation work.
- Considerable knowledge of personnel policies, rules, and
regulations. Considerable knowledge of principles of management and
- Ability to analyze difficult and complex financial issues and
to make recommendations for proper actions.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both orally
and in writing. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize,
assign and evaluate the work of subordinate professional, technical
and clerical support staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with other employees, medical and clinical
professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to supervise and guide the work of others in making
complex fiscal decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
with other employees, program staff, clients, outside
organizations, and others.
- Competent analytical skills and a working knowledge
administrative protocols and practices.
- Competent to communicate with various levels of staff and the
- Plans, manages, and directs corporate financial and accounting
functions; oversees, monitors, and coordinates annual audits, cash
flow, revenues and expenditures, and preparation of agency budge;
assist staff in problems-solving; oversees and develops
computerized and procedural system enhancements to improve
operations; responds to concerns of administrative and department
staff, proposes solutions, evaluates procedures.
- Prepares and submits monthly financial performance reports;
receives, reviews, and communicates financial condition, results of
operations, and cash flow to Board of Directors and executive
management; supervises the production of year end statements and
analyses of all budgeted funds; provides and communicates proposed
budgets to Board and executive staff; evaluates planned program
changes and budget revisions for achievement of financial
- Prepares the corporate budget; meets with department heads and
reviews proposed department budgets; reviews, proposes revisions,
conducts analyses as required; identifies fiscal problems in
departments and assists in solving them.
- Oversees and handles pension fund changes, general liability,
pension, workers compensation, and other insurances; conducts and
coordinates annual audits including tax preparation, and corporate
financial statements; prepares various analyses as required by
grantor agencies, and financial agencies and institutions.
- Directs, oversees, prioritizes, assigns and evaluates the work
of accounting managers, and other staff in financial services;
conducts meetings, provides counseling and training; assists with
problem solving; conducts annual performance evaluations;
interviews, hires, promotes, and handles disciplinary actions, as
- Makes commitment to SMA's mission and core values the SMA
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of
dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Takes guidance and direction from CEO.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SMA Healthcare, Inc. isa tobacco and drug-free workplace.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
Keywords: SMA Healthcare, Daytona Beach , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!