Automation Controls Engineer
Company: B Braun Medical
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Overview About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in
infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and
markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare
industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy
admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The
company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors
and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun
Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B.
Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun
Interventional Systems, Aesculap -- and CAPS -- . Globally, the B.
Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64
countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise -- philosophy, B. Braun
continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and
clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and
lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit .
Position Summary: Responsibilities: Essential Duties --- Applies
standard engineering techniques to design, analyze, test, maintain,
repair or improve products, components or assemblies. --- Analyzes,
develops and evaluates systems. Improves and maintains current
systems or creates brand new projects. --- Designs and drafts
blueprints with designer, visits systems in the field and manages
projects. --- Must be SME in field at higher levels of job. ---
Applies engineering techniques and analyses within the scope of the
assignment. Desired skills:
- Automation experience in the following platforms Rockwell Plant
PAx, Siemens, B&R, etc
- Knowledge of ERP Platforms such as SAP, Oracle, etc
- Knowledge of Database technologies such as SQL and Oracle
- Familiarity with industry standards, such as ANSI/ISA-95 and
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) implementation experience
- Architecting, implementing, and integrating solutions focused
around tracking, analyzing, and improving the manufacturing
- Designing and implementing data management strategies for the
integration of Automation solutions with our MES Platform and plant
- Conceptualizing solutions during the design phase of the
project life cycle
- Automation Controls system configuration, programming,
debugging, and testing
- Creating documentation, including project engineering notes,
project proposals, project design traceability documentation, case
studies, and more
- Commissioning innovative solutions, finding, sharing and
capitalizing on opportunities for improvement
- Creating methodologies and performing complex
- Learning new technologies
- Mentoring colleagues on your expertise and knowledge base The
job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any
responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires breadth of professional field and industry knowledge.
Ability to integrate critical information and champion advanced
strategies/concepts through the organization. Drives development of
advanced technologies, principles and processes.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of
lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers
to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit
operations. May consult with senior management.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and
passport, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed, On-call
hours as needed While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 20 pounds. B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which
includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To
learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or
view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on
the internet at . Through its "Sharing Expertise--" initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services.
Keywords: B Braun Medical, Daytona Beach , Automation Controls Engineer, Engineering , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!