New Product Development Engineer II
Company: Teledyne ODI
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company OverviewTeledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge
undersea technology companies that have been assembled by Teledyne
Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration,
over the past 10 years Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry
powerhouse, bringing the best of the best together under a single
umbrella. With technologies divided into 5 core segments; Imaging,
Instruments, Interconnect, Seismic and Vehicles, Teledyne Marine
sales staff can address not only brand level solutions, but
turn-key, customized systems that leverage our full range of
technology. Our goal is to provide one-stop purchasing capability,
world-wide customer support, and the technical expertise to solve
our customer's toughest challenges. A Sea of Solutions---..One
For more information, visit our website at
www.teledynemarine.com.Position Summary and ResponsibilitiesThe
main purpose of this position is to support the design, development
and construction of new innovative electrical and/or fiber optic
connectors for the subsea market.
Primary responsibilities include the execution of custom subsea
interconnect solutions. These projects will range from large-scale
systems to component level solutions and will consist of all fiber,
all electrical, and/or hybrid combinations of both.
- Responsibilities may also include designing high voltage
connectors for power applications in subsea pumps, water injection
and separation systems.
- Works with reliability engineering and is a member or leader of
a team which is directly responsible for designing highly reliable
connectors; electrical or fiber, with life expectancies of 30 years
- This position requires multi-tasking several projects
simultaneously. These projects will range from high voltage (3,000
volts or greater), signal & communication interconnects, and/or
fiber optic transmission.
- Support all NPD initiatives and develop new applications
requiring appreciable ingenuity and originality.
- Regularly interfaces with customers to assist in the
development of various subsea products and/or components to meet
- Regularly interfaces with customers to develop business in new
and existing markets.
- Generate, review and approve supporting documentation for
designs including assembly drawings, detail drawings, and
assembly/test procedures utilizing personal CAD skills as well as
TOG's drafting and Documentation Departments.
- Generate, review and approve documentation related specifically
to NPD, such as test plans, qualification reports and customer
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing and other
departments, as required.
- Assists in creation of proposals for funded NPD, considering
actions related to product development based upon customer
- Works with the NPD Technical Manager or NPD Director to
coordinate activities of other engineers and designers.
- Coordinate projects with account managers, TOG project managers
and customer project managers.
- Occasionally shall be required to use PowerPoint to prepare and
present technical information with internal and external
- PACE project technical leadership. The NPD II Engineer shall be
mentored in this role by a Senior NPD Engineer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by NPD Technical Manager or
NPD Director.QualificationsEducation and Experience
- BSME, or other related engineering degree (Master's
- 5-7 years experience in research and development. Internship
experience would also be considered for partial fulfillment of this
- Experience in connector design environment is preferred
- Experience in subsea engineering is preferred
- Experience in project leadership/management is desirableJob
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of electrical control systems and fiber optics
- Working knowledge of CAD (AutoCad and SolidWorks
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in high growth, fast paced
- Ability to understand conceptual designs and add value by
creating new design concepts. Assist in steering product team into
selection of superior design concepts.
- Ability to perform basic and advanced mechanical or electrical
design analysis to ensure that new designs adhere to sound
engineering design principles.
- Ability to utilize MRP system for advanced purposes - running
reports, document creation and modification, material
- Proficient in utilization of MS Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and proficient using MS ProjectBehavioral Requirements
in a Technical Environment
- Work effectively as a member of a team through cooperation and
- Willing to share responsibility for the success/failure of the
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in high growth, fast paced
- Establish effective work relationships with customers and
co-workers by generating trust, confidence and credibility
- Willing and capable of resolving differences with others openly
- Constructively reacts to feedback from superiors, subordinates,
customers and peers
- Keeps management informed of positive and negative information
that would have significant impact on him/her and/or the
- Perseveres to overcome obstacles and is willing to put extra
effort to meet the demands of the organization
- Maintain personal list of action items to ensure completion of
all assigned tasks.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase PlanFitness Challenges
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the yearTeledyne is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to
origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran
Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an
accommodation while seeking employment,please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855)479-1480.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a
Keywords: Teledyne ODI, Daytona Beach , New Product Development Engineer II, Engineering , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!