Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: March 9, 2023
Come join our 25+ year strong engineering and manufacturing
family and help us continue to design and build award winning
products! We're well-respected in our industry and dedicated to
continuous innovation!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jennifer
ThomasAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
button and sending us your resume.Salary: $75,000 - $100,000 per
yearA bit about us:We are a 25 year strong automotive, engineering
and manufacturing company with award-winning products and are very
well-respected in our industry. Our organization is headquartered
in Florida with multiple locations throughout the US.Why join
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus!
- 401K Match!
- Excellent PTO and flexibility.
- Health Insurance; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance.
- Synergies of great relationships with our manufacturing
partners and clients.
- Fun company culture.
- Strong belief in Work/Life Balance! Culture firmly believes in
family first.Job DetailsMechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical Design of products, systems, and/or processes.
- Support Designs with testing, analysis, and calculations.
- Generate engineering documentation, technical reports, and
proposals; keep accurate and complete records of engineering
- Assist with quotation of new products and bill of material
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members in the
engineering and production departments to develop and refine
processes and designs.
- Work on and Review 2D and 3D Mechanical Drawings.
- Establish and maintain work instructions, customer installation
instructions, and process flow documentation.
- Rapid prototyping of tooling necessary for development of
products utilizing processes such as thermoforming, injection
molding, machining, printing, 3D printing, etc.
- Design and fabricate alignment and check fixtures for
production and quality control.
- Provide root cause analysis for mechanical engineering design
issues and recommend corrective and preventive actions.
- May provide training or direction to technicians and/or
- May provide communications and/or presentations to customers,
suppliers or vendors.
- Assist in design of manufacturing processes/workflows for
multiple product lines.
- Evaluate the manufacturability of new products.
- Identify cost reduction and continuous improvement
- Coordinate plant layouts, machine installation, and start-up
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of Design Engineering experience,
preferably in a Manufacturing company.
- An understanding of the Design and Development of Plastic
and/or Lighting Components.
- Proficient in CAD 2D and 3D design using SolidWorks or AutoCAD
- Must be very detail-oriented with strong planning and
- Strong abilities in Project Management.Desirable Skills (not
required, but a plus):
- Automotive Industry experience.
- Supervisory and/or Project Management experience.
- Injection Molding experience.
- Experience with PFMEA, DFMEA, DVPR, and additional OEM/Tier 1
- Reverse Engineering.
- Working experience in an ISO Certified environment.
- Fabrication skills; CNC Router cutting, thermoforming,
- Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, or similar.Interested in hearing
more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Daytona Beach , Principal Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...