VP, Talent Management
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: December 2, 2019
The Vice President, Talent Management is responsible for the
planning and execution of TopBuild's national talent acquisition
and talent management strategies, programs and processes, while
ensuring alignment and support of the organization's strategic
direction of attracting and retaining the best talent and driving a
culture of inclusion and diversity. This role will coordinate in a
decentralized setting with TopBuild's Human Resources and its
corporate/divisions' business leaders to propose, create, and
execute policies and processes to tackle important organizational
and talent issues. This position is highly visible to Executive
Leadership and Board of Director's. Our Core Values: Safety -
Integrity - Diversity - Customer - Focus - Continuous Improvement -
Innovation - High Performance Teams Key Objectives:
- Lead the Human Capital efforts of TopBuild to include
succession and trend identification.
- Creator of Talent Strategy that ensures critical staffing,
talent process and workforce planning.
- Drive change and culture in the areas identified round
inclusion and diversity.
- Trusted advisor and coach.
- Drive TopBuild culture and help establish Employer of Choice
brand. General Role Overview:The role is responsible for aligning
talent management processes including talent review, succession
planning, and developing and delivering a leadership development
framework. The new leader will help define and execute a Diversity
and Inclusion (D&I) strategy that promotes an environment of
respect and values broad perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
The successful candidate will drive long-term recruiting success
and leads the full recruitment lifecycle for the corporate and
field operations through strategies, processes, integrated
solutions and metrics for sourcing and recruiting the talent
pipeline for the organization. The position serves as an advisor on
leadership development, succession planning, D&I and long-range
talent planning. Overall, the candidate for this position will
shape hiring practices, develop and/or refine talent acquisition
strategies, champion employment branding campaigns, positively
affect attraction and retention rates, successor readiness and
leadership efficacy. Specific responsibilities include:
- Strategize for, build on, and consistently refine a
comprehensive vision for talent management.
- Assess, identify, and address existing needs within talent
acquisition including recruiting, employment branding, interview
training, candidate experience, and more.
- Advise, partner with, and influence business leaders on the
operationalization and execution of the overall talent acquisition
vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with other functional leaders, understand and
advocate for talent as a key driver of business results and to help
develop unique ways to create an attractive and dynamic company
- Serve as the talent advisor to our decentralized
- Partner with CHRO and President/COO to design and deliver
company approach to Diversity & Inclusion.
- Develops best practices to leverage TopBuild's brand to provide
a consistent and positive candidate experience for talent at all
levels. Develops the employee value proposition to attract, engage,
and retain key talent. Ensures end-to-end recruiting process is
aligned with the company, human resources and recruiting
- Creating, influencing and supporting TopBuild's Talent Review
process and culture on a company-wide basis in partnership with
- Working closely with divisions, senior leaders and human
resources on organization competency assessment, talent review,
succession planning, and individual development plan
- Organizational development support for managing through change
and implementing best practices in national organizational
effectiveness (organization structure, job design, team
development, competency application, communication, organization
- Partner with corporate and divisions to build and align talent
management processes, policies and reporting to ensure they are
incorporated with and assisting the organization's talent
- Develop and deliver a leadership development framework for the
- Deploy the company's employee survey process.
- Assist in the deployment and enhancement of the organization's
learning management system.
- Group facilitation, training, and presentation to various
- Provide strategic and operational supervision to the
enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Manage and leverage relationships with external vendors in the
performance management, succession planning, executive coaching and
other related talent initiatives. Required Education and
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Business, Human
Resources, Organizational Behavior) is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience leading talent acquisition
and talent management in a fast-paced, highly decentralized
environment and performance-driven culture.
- Experience managing stakeholders within and outside of human
resources that have an impact on the recruiting strategy.
- Proven expertise in the common tools, processes and
applications used in full lifecycle recruiting (i.e. ATS systems,
social networking, onboarding, etc.) especially driving adoption
for these processes and systems in a decentralized culture.
- Demonstrated success as an executive coach, consultant and
- Extensive knowledge and experience using individual talent and
organizational capability assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Proven track record of meeting talent development needs in a
decentralized, multi-unit organization.
- Human resources certification desired. Required Skills,
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Hands on experience in assessing labor needs, gaps in
processes, developing innovative sourcing and recruitment practices
in a highly decentralized environment.
- Experience defining meaningful metrics to identify issues and
- Experience with influencing and managing stakeholders that
impact the recruiting strategy.
- Thorough knowledge of talent management processes and programs
including talent reviews, succession planning, workforce
development, career development, competency modeling, etc.
- Technical knowledge and application of various psychological
assessment and measurement tools including cognitive ability
assessments, personality/styles assessments, 360 feedback surveys,
organizational culture surveys, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and
- Strong critical thinking skills - using logic and reasoning to
identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
- Possesses complex problem-solving skills - identifying complex
problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate
options and implement solutions.
- Strong leadership skills - willingness and ability to lead;
take charge, and offer opinions and direction. Possesses high sense
- Effective self-management and project management ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel. Benefits: We promote an environment that
offers a challenge, creates opportunities, fosters enthusiasm,
maximizes full potential and rewards talent. We realize our
employees are our most valued resource which is why we offer a
variety of benefits including competitive compensation,
comprehensive health, dental, vision coverage, paid holidays, paid
time off, 401 (k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, employee
assistance program services, flexible spending account (FSA), life
insurance, short term and long term disability, discounted gym
membership and a host of other discounts. Our goal is to promote a
healthy work/life balance. TopBuild Corp. is an equal opportunity
employer.EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
Keywords: TopBuild, Daytona Beach , VP, Talent Management, Executive , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!