Fixed Assets Manager
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: September 19, 2022
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals
who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of
Fixed Assets Manager based in Daytona Beach, Florida.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) associated with construction
related projects and fixed assets. This position provides the
opportunity to be a part of a highly focused team building culture
and exposure to many business aspects of the Company.
- Oversees day-to-day responsibilities such as maintenance of
capital spend, reviewing assets additions, transfers, and
- Reviews appropriate capital expenditure treatment and monitors
construction in progress. Ensures appropriate in-service dates,
timing of cash flows and proper asset classification.
- Supports project managers and business leaders in capital
project planning in compliance with the Company's capital
- Responsible for tracking and forecasting complex capital
- Collaborates with project managers to ensure capital spending
is tracked in an appropriate level of detail to properly capitalize
asset for cost segregation purposes. Reconciles and investigates
- Responsible for developing and maintaining capital spend
management reporting, inclusive of managing a capital budget
approval process, updating quarterly depreciation forecasts and
tracking projects not yet in service.
- Responsible for month-end close reconciliations for fixed
assets. Ensures that all asset transactions are accounted for and
depreciation is properly calculated, within the assigned deadlines.
Assess projects to determine capital vs operating expense. Reviews
month-end project accruals such as capitalized labor and interest
- Identifies and recommends process improvements related to fixed
- Assists in external audit by providing accurate fixed assets
support to external audit requests. Maintains fixed assets related
walkthrough processes and standard operating
procedures.Qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting plus a minimum 5 years of
related experience. Must demonstrate experience in the accounting
and tracking of spend on large construction projects.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
CPA or similar type of certification preferred.
- Experience with fixed asset systems/ERP. Experience with
Workday is highly desirable. Strong knowledge of Microsoft office
products with advance knowledge of excel required.
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, ability to
multi-task and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.Apply Now!
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at
www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your
experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy
environment in which our employees thrive and where you can
prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we
offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused
on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both
personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out
that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where
all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best
qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender,
gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability,
religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy,
veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law
except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our
Keywords: NASCAR, Daytona Beach , Fixed Assets Manager, Executive , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!