COMMERCIAL PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Company: Intracoastal Bank
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: February 10, 2024
At Intracoastal Bank, you will be part of a diverse team of top
performers in banking that is passionate about providing
exceptional service and banking solutions to our communities to
help them thrive. You will be inspired by the stability and
integrity of our community bank and proud of the relationships you
build that help your clients succeed.
Why Intracoastal Bank?
- It's like working for a small business that happens to be a
bank that is unique in the industry.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit!
- You get to work with the "A" team of bankers.
- You'll have a positive work environment with supportive
managers and teammates.
- You're encouraged to become passionate about and involved in
- You will be empowered to impact change.
- You will experience the reward of assisting in the growth and
success of local businesses.
- You will be part of a company that invests in you!
Exceptional Benefits Package!
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) : You will have the
opportunity to participate in and reap the rewards of the growth of
the company through this prestigious profit-sharing program.
- 401k Retirement Plan : You will also be able to participate in
a 401k retirement program.
- Professional Development : You will receive tuition assistance
for your professional development.
- Paid Time Off : You will have 11 paid holidays, a paid
birthday/flex day, and 15 PTO days per year.
- Health Insurance : You will have fully-paid employee health
insurance with several options to choose from.
- Other Insurance : You will be able to enroll in other group
insurance benefits such as dental, vision, life, disability, as
well as pet insurance, legal aid, auto/home insurance, identity
theft protection, other supplemental benefits, and an Employee
Assistance Program (EAP).
- And there's more! You get a free checking and savings account
and a free safety deposit box.
The Commercial Portfolio Manager oversees all aspects of the Bank's
loan risk management function, focusing on leading and supporting
the commercial lending teams throughout various stages of the
lending process. This role provides expertise in underwriting
structuring, services and documents new and renewal credits,
supports management to identify and minimize risk to the company,
and ensures the Bank is in full compliance with all banking laws,
regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
What you'll do in this "A" Team role:
- Identify, gather, and analyze relevant information to assess
credit risk, establish viability of sources of repayment, and
determine appropriate loan structures for the Bank's most complex
- Act as lead underwriter in collaboration with bankers in
preparing credit approval memos with recommendations consistent
with Bank policy that illustrate well-reasoned analysis.
- Ensure the Bank maintains adequate risk in all areas of
- Ensure the Bank is in full compliance with all banking laws,
regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- Service as advisor to Senior Management and the Board of
Directors in areas of credit risk.
- Participate in day-to-day client interactions, screenings,
structuring, underwriting, and monitoring of commercial
- Ensure responsible and accountable risk by openly exchanging
ideas and opinions, elevating concerns as necessary.
- Ensure that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer
experience by always doing the right thing for customers.
- Achieve results by consistently identifying, assessing,
managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types, while
operating within the Bank's risk tolerance.
- Participate in joint sales calls with Relationship
- Identify customer needs in order to identify solutions.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Ensure overall portfolio performance and asset quality remains
- Propose and collaborate with others, including Senior
Management, on strategies and actions to limit risk and loss to the
Bank when necessary.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis and underwriting decision
document(s) for new loan requests, modifications, renewals, and
annual reviews for the Bank's most complex commercial and
commercial real estate lending prospects/clients.
- Monitor performance of existing borrowers within assigned
portfolio to ensure compliance with financial covenants.
- Assist the Relationship Manager in structuring more advanced
credit transactions and developing proposal letters, terms sheets
and commitment letters.
- Independently apply the conditions of credit decision to the
different types of credits contained within the portfolio to ensure
that all monitoring and tracking requirements are met and that all
documentation is up-to-date per policy.
- Work jointly with the relationship management team in managing
compliance and control routines related to the credit relationships
within the commercial loan portfolio.
- Ensure the overall portfolio performance and asset quality
- Support business development activities, such as joint customer
calls with Relationship Managers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to fair lending practices.
Remain knowledgeable of all laws and regulations governing the
lending activities of financial institutions.
Intracoastal Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
What's required of this role for you to join the Intracoastal "A"
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or
- At least 2 years of related experience in the Financial
Services or Banking industry, Credit Analysis, Loan Review, or
- Thorough computer navigation skills using a variety of
commercial and proprietary software packages, including Microsoft
Word, Excel, and Outlook.
What else should you bring with you to the "A" Team?
- Thorough knowledge of lending, credit administration, risk
analysis, and lending processes.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial data,
financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to perform moderately complex to complex
- Ability to effectively research, analyze, evaluate, and
articulate conclusions to make decisions, solve problems, and
- Ability to read, listen, understand, and communicate
information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both
orally and in writing.
- Proficient at prioritizing assigned tasks and
Keywords: Intracoastal Bank, Daytona Beach , COMMERCIAL PORTFOLIO MANAGER, Executive , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!