Risk Manager - General Liability Claims
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: November 27, 2019
As the Risk Manager - General Liability Claims, you will be
responsible for making decisions on risk management issues that may
directly impact the strategic direction of the company. In this
role, you will assess the company's risk profile and manages its
insurance program through determining and/or negotiating the
appropriate pricing, coverage, terms and conditions by analyzing
the company's financials, operations, management, industry and
other information. Additionally, you will assist in the strategic
risk management vision and will be charged with assisting and
delivering that strategy to the company using excellent leadership,
technical, functional and business skills. If you have strong
business process knowledge, possesses a broad-based operational
perspective and can provide solutions for insurance/non-insured
related business risk issues then continue reading. Besides being
strategic and creative, you also need to be able to adapt to, and
initiate change in the organization and seek ways to optimize risks
as a competitive business advantage. This position will require you
to have highly developed communication skills, be a team player
with excellent project management skills and have the ability to
drive performance from all areas within the company. Essential
- Claims Management
- Day to day management of claims where exercising proper
judgement and decision making in accordance with carrier reporting
and threshold requirements.
- Analyze routine insurance claims, both General Liability and
Auto Liability, to determine the extent of the Insurance
Carrier/Company's liability & exposure and recommend
- Communicate clear and concise action plans to present next
steps for moving a claim to closure.
- Management of relationships with third party service providers
including brokers, insurers and other TPAs.
- Prepare loss analyses and budgets.
- Set adequate reserves to ensure proper reporting and authorize
settlement agreements within assigned approval limits.
- Promote loss prevention.
- Update and monitor compliance with insurance procedures Build
and Nurture Partnerships
- Build relationships with Brokers, Underwriters, Suppliers and
partner with Operations to manage and monitor General Insurance &
Construction Defect related matters and to provide cost effective
means in handling of such cases.
- Build business relationships both internally and externally and
effectively communicate with TPAs, Inside/Outside Counsel,
Corporate Legal, Independent Adjusters (IA), Experts, Executive
Leadership and Operational Management.
- Partner and assist in managing outside suppliers.
- Meet Service Level Agreement (SLA) standards set for both the
Company & Operations.
- Assist Internal Counsel with Legal Actions for Insured
- Attend mediations, arbitrations, and trials, when
- Act with a sense of fiduciary responsibility.
- Compile and submit reports required by company management,
regulatory agencies and inside/outside counsel which also includes
Ad Hoc reporting where necessary.
- Develop Organization's Risk Capabilities
- Maintain current knowledge of construction industry
regulations, trends and practices.
- Aid in training development to support installation "Best
Practices" & "Best Evidence Based Practices."
- Assist in the managing and underwriting of corporate insurance
program. Role Requirements
- Education & Certifications
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree. Course of Study: Risk
Management, Finance, Business, Insurance or related field.
- Required Special Certification or Licensing:
- Adjusters License- All States, All Lines (required)
- Preferred Special Certification or Licensing:
- Associates in Risk Management (ARM)
- Chartered Property, Casualty, Underwriter (CPCU) Experience
- 2-5 Years preferably with an insurance carrier and with some
experience with Commercial Insurance
- Commercial General Insurance Insurance & Underwriting,
Commercial General Insurance Risk Management, Commercial General
Insurance Claims Management
- Functional Specific (Project Management, Underwriting, Claims
- Risk management and claims handling experience in a publicly
traded organization, particularly with regard to Construction
Defect, General Insurance and Auto Liability.
- Expert Level with Microsoft Office Applications including Word,
Excel & PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Commercial Policies (AL, GL, Excess, Property,
etc.) and insurance/underwriting
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills Benefits
- Base + Bonus & Benefit Package
- Paid Holiday and Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401K Matching
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Purchase and Assistance Plans Type of Travel Required:
National 10 - 25% TopBuild Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability.
Keywords: TopBuild, Daytona Beach , Risk Manager - General Liability Claims, Executive , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!