Registered Nurse Regional Ortho Navigator FT Days
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: January 13, 2020
Registered Nurse Regional Ortho Navigator AdventHealth Daytona
Beach -- Location Address:--301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona
Beach, FL 32117 -- Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Daytona
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of
sunny Daytona Beach, FL. -- Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days -- You
Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for patient education included but not limited to
1:1 teaching, preoperative classes, developing and utilization of
regional teaching materials and implementing and monitoring the
family ''coach'' program.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with marketing, a
community outreach program for orthopedics that includes but not
limited to health fairs, physician lunch-ins, local community
events, education events, speaking engagements.
- Utilizes and monitors a data tracking system for orthopedic
outcomes through the care continuum such as patient satisfaction,
surgical data, patient outcomes, and identifying areas that require
improvement, in order to provide key statistics and outcomes at
- Manage, monitor and assess current quality metrics required by
national organizations and evidence-based practice for optimal
- Facilitates Orthopedic Governance meetings with surgeons and
multidisciplinary team members.
- Works with Regional Orthopedic team on developing and reviewing
orthopedic policies and procedures.
- Works closely with marketing to develop patient education
materials, community outreach material to help inform the community
and increase market share.
- Develops, facilitates, and monitors selected performance
metrics and ensures compliance with all activities required to
achieve and maintain a Disease-Specific Certifications with The
- Conducts daily rounds on in-patients with physicians to ensure
desired patient outcomes. Coordinates care issues with the surgeon
and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Works closely with Case Management concerning post-op discharge
planning and decreasing length of stay
What You Will Need: --
- 2 or more years' experience in the acute care orthopedic
- BSN, MSN or MBA preferred
- Must possess a current Florida Registered Nursing License.
- Current BLS certification.
- Orthopedic Nurses Certification (ONC) preferred.
Job Summary: The Regional Orthopedic Navigator is responsible for
the overall coordination and implementation of the hospitals Total
Joint Replacement Program, Spine Program (as applicable per site).
The Navigator will be guiding the orthopedic patient and their
family through Florida Hospitals Orthopedic Program, from
preoperative education through the continuum of care. This
individual will have the ability to interact with patients and
their families, physicians, their care partners, as well as several
key hospital departments including surgery, rehabilitation and
occupational therapy, nursing, case management, marketing, home
health and others involved in the care of the patient. Regularly
collects data through chart review and computer generated reports.
Presents data and reports to Orthopedic Governance Committee and
other leadership groups as directed. Develops, facilitates, and
monitors selected performance metrics and ensures compliance with
all activities required to achieve and maintain a Disease-Specific
Certifications with The Joint Commission.-- Works closely with
orthopedic surgeons to assist with data collection and community
outreach. Regularly works in collaboration with the Regional
Orthopedic team.---- This facility is an equal opportunity employer
and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination
laws, regulations and ordinances.by Jobble
Keywords: AdventHealth, Daytona Beach , Registered Nurse Regional Ortho Navigator FT Days, Healthcare , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!