SENIOR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT - 50001585
Company: The State of Florida
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Requisition No: 285441Agency: Veterans AffairsWorking Title:
SENIOR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT - 50001585Position Number:
50001585Salary: $26,166.40Posting Closing Date:
01/31/2020Requisition #285441SENIOR CERTIFIED NURSING
ASSISTANTFLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS' AFFAIRSEmory L. Bennett
State Veterans' Nursing HomeDaytona Beach, Volusia CountyStarting
Annual Salary: $26,166.40Paid Bi-weeklyShift: 10:30 pm to 7:00 am.
Other shifts may become available, pending future
vacancies.Excellent retirement package and optional deferred
compensation plan. Health, vision, dental, ---disability, and other
supplemental insurance available at reasonable premium rates. Paid
vacation and ---sick leave. Nine (9) paid holidays and personal
day. Tuition waiver available for State Universities and
---Community Colleges (up to 6 credits per semester).---***Other
vacant positions (shifts), including OPS Temporary positions, may
be filled from this advertisement within six (6) months of the
closing date***MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in Florida.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- One (1) Year experience in a long-term care facility is
- Must be willing and able to work a schedule that is inclusive
of weekends and holidays.
- Must participate in Direct Deposit.
- Successful completion of the due diligence process, to include
a Level II Background check and drug screen.PREFERRED
- Current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certification.
- High school Diploma or GED.POSITION DESCRIPTION:
- Provide the assistance necessary when giving residents the
following Activities of Daily Living nursing care: oral hygiene;
bathing; dressing and grooming; hair and nail care; shaving;
toileting; assistance with meals, nourishments and transportation
to meal service areas, and mobility.
- Routinely observe, identify and report resident concerns/needs
- Provide escort to resident appointments when required.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Perform restorative nursing measures as outlined in the care
- Perform simple nursing measures, such as but not limited to
applying splints and positioning devices, making occupied and
unoccupied beds, changing linens, etc.
- Measure and record vital signs as assigned.
- Measure and record intake and output according to the care
- Observe, monitor and report symptoms of potential skin
breakdown and/or pressure ulcers to primary nurse.
- Use appropriate technique for mechanical lifts, transferring,
turning and positioning, range of motion exercises recognizing
changes that place a resident at risk for pressure ulcers and
- Provide appropriate end of life care and use appropriate
techniques for assisting and Provide the required nursing care for
assigned residents in the area of Activities of Daily Living using
proper technique to include: mouth care, bathing, dressing,
grooming, hair and nail care; shaving, toileting;
feeding/assistance with eating; maintaining hydration; and mobility
as outlined in the care plan.
- Follow facility established policies and procedures when
providing all care and dining room protocol.
- Responding to the cognitively impaired resident or the resident
with difficult behaviors including Dementia/Alzheimer's. Observe
conditions and report behavioral changes to primary nurse/RN
- Assure that all resident safety devices are used as outlined in
the care plan.
- Provide escort for resident appointments etc. as assigned.
- Document all care given on the appropriate form and/or
utilizing the electronic patient care documentation system.
- Assure efficient use of supplies and document in the electronic
inventory tracking system.
- Respond to resident's requests and needs timely and
appropriately. Answer resident call lights promptly.
- Notify nurse of any changes in resident's condition.
- Complete assignments from the primary nurse or RN supervisor
within the time allowed.
- Attend all required facility training.
- Perform related work as required.This is a Career Service
position.The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate
discrimination or violence in the workplace.Candidates requiring a
reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or
People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the
hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time
to provide the accommodation.The State of Florida supports a
Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable
suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S.,
Drug-Free Workplace Act.VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter
295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference
will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies
and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans'
Preference must attach supporting documentation with each
submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form
214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required
by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference
documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All
documentation is due by the close of the vacancy
announcement.Nearest Major Market: Daytona Beach
Keywords: The State of Florida, Daytona Beach , SENIOR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT - 50001585, Healthcare , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!