Quality Improvement Coordinator, RN - Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Company: Halifax Health Medical Center of Daytona Beach
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Quality Improvement Coordinator, RNOverview
Halifax Health is seeking a Quality Improvement Coordinator for the
Quality Improvement Department.
Under leadership of both the Vice President of Quality, Performance
Improvement (PI) & Infection Prevention (IP), the Quality
Improvement Coordinator is responsible for supporting the
implementation of the Halifax Health Performance Improvement (PI)
and Quality Programs through data analytics and project management.
The Coordinator will work closely with the PI/Quality/IP teams as
well as support the efforts of established and future PI teams
(e.g., CAUTI team).
* Bachelors or Masters in nursing. Florida RN licensure
* 3-5 years clinical experience in acute care hospital
* Preferred 3-5 years of experience in either: quality improvement,
patient safety or regulatory compliance in a hospital setting
(project and/or internship acceptable, full-time work
* Working Knowledge regarding data analytics and use of Excel
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and
* Project management experience preferred
* Application of Lean and/ or Six Sigma tools and methodologies
* Organized with strong communication skills, written and
* Works well independently and as a member of a team at varying
levels across the organization
* Working knowledge of value-based payment programs (Value-based
Purchasing Program, Inpatient/Outpatient Quality Reporting Program,
Hospital Acquired Conditions Reduction Program, Readmission
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Demonstrates effective project management skills, providing
project management guidance for organizational PI and Quality
* Conducts analysis of current outcomes and processes to support PI
teams and track progress of annual organizational goals; may
include time studies, process observations or other information
* Champion performance/quality improvement and DMAIC approach in
developing, implementing and revising PI/Quality/IP
* Solution development with stakeholders to support improvement of
care delivery and operational inefficiencies using Lean and Six
Sigma methodologies and tools.
* Conducts necessary medical record reviews to evaluate care and
identify opportunities for various improvement projects and/or
required public reporting of quality measures.
* Assists with data mining, analysis, creating and interpreting
data displays/reports to support PI/Quality projects.
* Researches nationally standardized PI/Quality/IP indicator
definitions and benchmarks to help guide project goals and
* Assists with monitoring of data accuracy, integrity and
* Supports the evaluation and documentation of potential impact for
proposed organizational changes as well as finalized results.
* Leads/ supports development and communication of presentations as
well as routine status reports to stakeholders, ensuring
performance improvement and quality activities are competed in a
timely manner, within budget, and in alignment with annual
* Committee/Council attendance and participation as required to
promote PI/Quality/IP initiatives
* Supports PI educational/ training activities that will enhance
the understanding and skills of Halifax Health Team Members
* Conducts research and engages in continuing education to advance
mastery of data analytics, PI skills and quality improvement
initiatives at both state and national levels.
Recognized as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals--- in the
United States by IBM Watson Health---, Halifax Health serves
Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of health care
services through a network of organizations including a tertiary
hospital, two community hospitals, urgent care clinics, psychiatric
services, a cancer treatment center with five outreach locations,
the area's largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation,
outpatient rehabilitation clinics, primary care walk-in clinics, a
clinic specializing in women's health, a pediatric care community
clinic, five pediatric medical practices, a home health care agency
and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the
area's only Level II Trauma Center, Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke
Center (TSC), Center for Transplant Services, Pediatric Intensive
Care Unit, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete
Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born earlier
than 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.
Keywords: Halifax Health Medical Center of Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach , Quality Improvement Coordinator, RN - Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Healthcare , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!