Registered Nurse RN MedTele Oncology - Oncology
Company: Advent Health Daytona Beach
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Registered Nurse RN MedTele OncologyDescription
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* Full Time Day Shift: *Up to $15,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
* Full Time Night Shift: *Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time & part time available
Shift : Day and Night shift available - Weekend rotation required
Location : AdventHealth Winter Park - 200 N Lakemont Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792
* Specialty Care Unit (SCU) is a 32-bed unit for inpatient oncology patient needs- including but not limited to administering chemotherapy, blood transfusions, managing post chemotherapy oncologic side effects.
* Home to the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, which serves more cancer patients than any other health system in Florida.
* We provide a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from disease prediction and prevention to treatment and research in all forms of cancer.
* Located in the Specialty Care Unit is an 8 chair Outpatient Infusion Center, that administers chemotherapy, blood transfusions and IV antibiotics to patients who are able to tolerate their treatment in an outpatient setting.
* Focusing on getting the patient's strong enough so they are able to be at home with their loved ones during their course of treatment.
* We believe in teamwork and are a cohesive team consisting multiple disciplines. All who work together to create an environment where comprehensive whole body health care is provided to all patients and families. You will be an active member of this amazing multifaceted team.
The community you'll be caring for:
* AdventHealth Winter Park is a hospital built for the community by the community. The land for the hospital was donated by the city of Winter Park.
* Chartered in 1951, the hospital is a 320-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness, and a teaching hospital. We encourage our team members to grow professionally by providing educational opportunities, and resources.
* We provide the most advanced care available with upscale and boutique care for Obstetrics, Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a state-of-the-art Emergency Room, comprehensive Cancer Care, advanced technology Surgical Services with 12 surgical specialties, a first-of-its-kind Inpatient Rehabilitation featuring high-tech training equipment, Surgical Orthopedic destination with a Dedicated Education unit, and Stroke and Ortho DNV Certified, to heal the community in the most comfortable way possible.
* The city of Winter Park is filled with rich heritage and is located just three miles north of Orlando in Orange County. The city is known for its old-world charm, quaint bricked streets and is a nature lovers' destination. It's main street, called Park Avenue includes civic buildings, art galleries, a private liberal arts college, museums, parks, golf country clubs, boat launches and more.
The role you'll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
* NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
* PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
* COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
* DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
* _ Terms: _24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation for Full Time Roles
* Applicable experience required.
* Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
* Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
* Graduate of a school of nursing
* Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
* Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Winter Park
Shift: AdventHealth Winter Park
Req ID: 22014746_11
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Registered Nurse RN MedTele OncologyDescription
Keywords: Advent Health Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach , Registered Nurse RN MedTele Oncology - Oncology, Healthcare , Daytona Beach, Florida
here to apply!