Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health, Full Time, Daytona - Home Health
Company: Halifax Health Medical Center of Daytona Beach
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health, Full Time,
Demonstrates critical thinking in application of the nursing process.
* Utilizes basic physical and psychosocial skills by identifying actual/potential nursing/clinical problems based on bio-psycho-social- spiritual assessment data of the client and their families or caregivers and documents findings.
* Initiates and establishes comprehensive individualized nursing plan of care within 24 hours, reflecting admission through discharge planning;
* Develops patient centered goals , in collaboration with clients, their families and the rehabilitation team that are oriented to wellness behavior, are reality based, encourage socialization with others and promote maximal independence for patients with disabilities or chronic conditions .
* Develops and documents the teaching and discharge plan including complex and needs of patient and family. Documents progress according to outcomes.
* Designs and implements the nursing plan of care and treatment strategies based on scientific nursing theory related to self-care and that promote physical, psychosocial and spiritual health.
* Applies nursing research to clinical practice and utilizes evidence based practice guidelines and interventions that are patient/family centered.
* Independently completes all appropriate nursing skills and interventions according to specialty competency based skills checklist. Updates skills. Teaches new skills.
* Intervenes and attempts to resolve patient and family problems by providing psychosocial and emotional support; contacts other resources as necessary and documents appropriately.
* Consistently delivers patient care according to the established plan of care; modifies plan of care in response to actual and anticipated changes in patient needs.
* Completes an updated OASIS when Significant Changes in Condition occurs
* Recognizes and documents subtle changes in patient's condition, including complex patient care situations, and follows through with appropriate nursing action.
* Functions independently and effectively in emergency situations. Acts as a resource to other members of the health care team.
* Completes documentation according to guidelines and regulations
* Evaluates the outcome of care and revises the plan of care appropriately to achieve desired outcomes.
* Plans own work and the work of assigned staff in appropriate priorities and sequences; delegate's tasks as appropriate; coordinates patient care efforts to be completed during the designated shift in a timely manner.
* Administers medications and treatments as prescribed, evaluates patient response and documents appropriately. Anticipates adverse reactions.
* Demonstrates professional communication skills.
* Demonstrates therapeutic communication skills when interacting with patients and families;
* Functions as a patient advocate with other members of the health care team.
* Maintains professional communication skills when interacting with others; facilitates a harmonious working environment.
* Initiates formal/informal patient care conferences as needed to coordinate direct patient care efforts and optimize outcomes.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in care planning and care delivery
* Participates in the interdisciplinary team process at team conference/case conference and other team meeting
* Identifies and intervenes for peer, patient and family education needs.
* Supports unit orientation for new staff members and ancillary personnel by acting as a preceptor.
* Assists in the assessment of unit educational needs; plans, develops and presents unit in-service programs.
* Professional development; maintains skills appropriate to practice and experience.
* Promotes professionalism based on the established scope and standards of Rehabilitation Nursing Practice and the American Nurses Association
* Participates in team/unit/hospital based committees.
* Participates in staff meetings.
* Consistently recognizes own limitations, seeks resources/ consultation and incorporates suggestions into practice.
* Troubleshoots during equipment malfunction and identifies appropriate resources as needed.
* Uses equipment and supplies in a cost effective manner and identifies cost saving measures when providing patient care
* Registered Nurse with a State of Florida license.
* Associate, Bachelors, or Master's degree from an approved school of Nursing.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Hands-on BLS certification.
* All RN's eligible for Clinical II placement must first be a Clinical Nurse I and must be Clinical Nurse II before Clinical Nurse III for a minimum of 3 months.
* Exposure to infectious diseases, body excrements, and dirty wounds. Possibility of physical harm from a combative patient, physical strain or needle puncture. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
* Adheres to policies and procedures specific to patient rights.
* Maintains a clean and safe environment; identifies and reports hazards.
* Maintains BLS certification and assumes responsibility for maintaining required continuing education and unit specific credentials.
* Meets all required mandatory in-services.
* Adheres to policies/procedures specific to universal precautions when delivering patient care.
* Adheres to policies regarding attendance, conduct, grooming, and dress code.
* Promotes a positive image of the hospital to outside agencies and the public.
* Participates in performance improvement activities as needed.
* Exhibits excellent service to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
* Exhibits values of the organization.
* Will consider sponsorship. Must have:
* 2 years' applicable experience
* Current Florida Nursing license or evidence of having passed NCLEX Exam
* English proficiency
Thriving in a culture that you can be proud of, you will also receive many employee benefits such as the following:
* Competitive Pay
* Comprehensive Benefits package
* Vacation/Paid Time Off
* Retirement Plan
* Employee Discounts
* Clinical Education and Professional Development Programs
Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health, Full Time,
Keywords: Halifax Health Medical Center of Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach , Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health, Full Time, Daytona - Home Health, Healthcare , Daytona Beach, Florida
here to apply!