Team Manager Home Care
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Job DescriptionThe Team Manager is the leader of the Patient
Care Team and that member of the team whose function is to:
supervise, evaluate and coordinate the various component members of
the interdisciplinary team; assure continuity of care from
admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement; serve as patient
advocate and coordinator for other social service and health care
providers in the community who are involved in the care of the
team's patients; assume responsibility for the maintenance of
patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to
bereavement. Patient Care Services
- Directs all patient care services for the team, including
volunteer and bereavement, and ensures that services are rendered
as integrated components of the interdisciplinary plan of
- Reviews information on all pending patient admissions, all new
admissions (assessments and history) and "alive" discharges to
assure that eligibility and appropriateness criteria are met.
- Collaborates with both the team physician and the attending
physician regarding palliative care measures for pain and symptom
- Assures complete and accurate data and documentation are
available to make recertification decisions and further assures
that those decisions are made on a timely basis.
- Reviews all imminent "alive" discharges to assure effective
- Monitors the type and level of team services provided
(staffing, medications, HME, supplies, level of care changes to
inpatient and continuous care, etc.) to assure that they are
appropriate and responsive to patient/family needs and
- Manages the team schedule and assures coordination of services
24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all patients on the team.
- Facilitates team meeting, assuring interdisciplinary input into
the update and revision of the plan of care in concert with the
changing needs and expectations of the patient and family.
- Participates in on-call rotation. Staff Supervision and
- Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates and
dismisses team staff in conjunction with the Patient Care
- Assures staff competence and performance levels through making
field visits, evaluating documentation and providing team based in
services on Vitas values, hospice principles and practices and
specific team growth needs.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for staff re clinical issues,
documentation, inter- and intra- team problem solving and
appropriate customer service behavior
- Oversees staff and volunteer schedules, scheduling and
territory assignments to assure that workload is distributed
equitably and that all staff are able to meet overall productivity
- Reviews and approves payroll, assuring that employees have
documented accurate time, mileage and additional expenses. Quality
- Monitors clinical records and all team activities to ensure
that they are accurate, complete and meet required standards in
accordance with VITAS policy and all regulatory bodies.
- Develops and implements performance improvement activities to
respond to service issues and challenges and participates from time
to time in program relating to quality and service
- Ensures that team completes proactive and other patient/family
satisfaction surveys, and implements Quality Improvement measures
- Assists with surveys and requests from regulatory bodies and
intermediaries as directed by local program.
- Performs substantive chart reviews to assure there is evidence
that quality care is being delivered.
- Participates in the Outcomes Management and annual program
- Performs utilization review of continuous care and inpatient
levels of care for all patients on team. Customer
- Assures that problems/grievances/service failures experienced
by individual pa -tients/families or physicians/MCOs are addressed
with team members, vendors, other VITAS departments, and are
resolved promptly and satisfactorily.
- Analyzes customer service issues on team to identify causes and
works with individual team members as well as entire team to
- Personally speaks with patients/families and their attending
physicians when patient is considering revocation to seek
satisfactory solutions to avoid unnecessary revocation.
- Regularly visits LTC and Contract Bed facilities to assure care
plan integration, customer satisfaction and to discuss criteria for
- Participates in providing inservices to customers along with
other team members, Patient Care Administrators and other program
- Participates in professional, voluntary or community service
organizations Cost Containment
- Verifies/approves admitting IPOC diagnosis, treatments,
staffing and supplies.
- Monitors utilization of resources by every patient to assure
cost effective delivery of services.
- Controls and is accountable for productivity, labor and all
related patient care costs with respect to budget.
- Approves all bills/invoices related to patient care services
- Attends inservices, educational seminars and workshops.
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and
- Participates as a mentor of newly hired Team Managers.
- Reliable transportation with appropriate license and insurance
coverage for driver and passengers.
- Private telephone in home.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical
and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncologic
nursing and palliative care.
- Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative
within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health
care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and
- Working knowledge of VITAS information system (Vx) and the
ability to utilize management reports.
- Two years successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a
health care organization. EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current and valid R.N. License to practice in the state where
the VITAS program is located. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
About Us VITAS - Healthcare is the
nation's leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the
resources and expertise to support your personal and professional
growth. -As a member of the VITAS team, you'll find fulfillment
working for a people-focused organization dedicated to making a
difference in the lives of others. You will be more than just an
employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your field, and as
a valued team member whose efforts are respected and vital to our
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and
responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism,
collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth
and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and
position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and
leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard-find
your purpose at VITAS today. Benefits Include: - Competitive
compensation -- Health, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending
accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with numerous investment
options and generous company match- Cancer and/or critical illness
benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time Off- Employee Assistance
Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside Assistance- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work -day or night
shifts, weekdays or weekends. Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS, Daytona Beach , Team Manager Home Care, Hospitality & Tourism , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...