Executive Chef 3
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Unit Description Sodexo is seeking an experienced Executive Chef 3
for Embry Riddle Aeronautical University - located in Daytona
Beach, Florida Reporting directly to the General Manager, the
Executive Chef 3 will be the Campus Executive Chef for the
University with a strong focus on Resident Dining. Embry Riddle
Aeronautical New Resident dining hall has 800 seats, a fine dining
restaurant style with small portions. Responsibilities include:
- Oversees all aspects of the culinary function for the
production environment including menu development, inventory,
purchasing, waste control, and cost / budget analysis.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS).
- Oversees food service operations including menu design,
purchasing, labor control, waste control, and culinary training,
safety / HACCP and sanitation.
- Accountable for positively impacting student satisfaction
associated with dining services.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the culinary team,
including Sodexo required training.
- Actively becomes involved in the account through exhibition
cooking, educational presentations, and cooking presentations.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts
as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management
team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including
menu / recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and overall cost controls for
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall
workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures
and works to maintain those standards.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality and ensures
student, faculty / staff and client satisfaction. The Executive
Chef is recognized as a technical expert and trainer for cooks and
kitchen personnel. This senior production leader will take
ownership of the dining experience, communicate Sodexo's values and
continue to foster rapport with the client, students and campus
community. We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance
and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS/ DRIVE) is
preferred. The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to
stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability
to maintain the highest of standards and implements company
- previous experience working in a high-volume facility; and
- strong management skills ***Relocation Assistance Available***
Position Summary Provides culinary leadership within a large sized
unit including menu planning, program execution and staff
management & training. Works directly with internal and external
clients managing the catering process from beginning through
execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary
function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food
preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages
catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.-
Financial management to include food cost & labor management.-
Manages food & physical safety programs. Basic Education
Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience Basic
Management Experience - 3 years Basic Functional Experience - 3
years work experience in food or culinary services including
restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional
services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an
EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Qualifications
& Requirements Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or
equivalent experience Basic Management Experience - 3 years Basic
Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary
services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering
services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is
an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Keywords: Sodexo, Daytona Beach , Executive Chef 3, Hospitality & Tourism , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!