Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Director of Sales & Marketing-Full
Service has direct oversight of planning and managing the overall
sales and marketing for a Full Service hotel. The intention is to
achieve optimal occupancy growth in existing accounts and
generating new business all to maximize total revenue and
meet/exceed hotel profit objectives. This role will oversee
day-to-day operations of the hotel sales division including but not
limited to direct sales efforts follow-up and proper sales
administration and training. This role will ultimately recommend
the sales forecast marketing advertising sales plans programs and
annual budget for no more than one Full Service hotel; manages
within approved plans and budgets.Exempt associates are expected to
work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job
responsibilities. Primary duties must consist of administrative
executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time
and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and
independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel sales experience
preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 4 years
of related experience.
- Must have a valid drivers license in the applicable state.
- Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication
skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other
managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills:
opening probing supporting closing
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in
establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially
Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and manage people
of diverse socioeconomic cultural disability and ethnic backgrounds
while solving complex problems and creating a productive sales
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations; maintain
composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Coordinate all group transient and catering sales solicitations
and bookings to maximize overall revenue.
- Develop recommend implement and manage the division's annual
budget and the advertising public relations marketing and sales
plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate occupancy and
food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds
management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
- Proactively conduct outside sales calls conduct sales tours and
- Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to
negotiate terms therein.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to
predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends
within your market.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitalitys established regulations
company standards sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Comply with attainment of individual goals as well as team
goals and budgeted metrics.
- Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and
capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy
- With input and guidance from the GM and/or Corporate HR manage
Human Resources in the division in order to attract retain and
motivate the employees; hire train develop empower coach and
counsel conduct performance and salary reviews resolve problems
provide open communication vehicles discipline and terminate as
- Supervise Catering & Event Management Team (as applicable) to
ensure that the Catering Food & Beverage and Meeting Room rental
budgets are met or exceeded.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies
of the hotel including Sales Food and Beverage Front Office and
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry
- Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any
other functions required by management providing training on a
- Maintains professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication relationships to achieve initiatives with
respective marketing partner(s) and other internal departments
(i.e. Second Wave Aimbridge Digital or Branded field
- Travel on a weekly basis as required.
- Act as directed on behalf of the General Manager in his/her
absence; performing any other duties as requested by
As the global leader in third-party hotel
management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in
49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands
to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our
associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests
and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where
everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility
with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period,
those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive
benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Daytona Beach , Director, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!