Family Intervention Specialist
Company: SMA Healthcare
Location: daytona beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Top reasons to work for SMA Healthcare:
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Great benefits such as: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, &
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Personal Leave (up to 25 days after 3 years of
- 403b Retirement Plan (matches one to one of employee
contribution for the first 3%, then a 50% match on the next 6% of
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8a-5p
A currently competent Family Intervention Specialist ( FIS) who is
responsible for providing assessment, referral, and case management
services to all assigned families (i.e. ages) referred from child
protective services who are in need of substance abuse services.
The FIS will maintain a maximum caseload of 35 families and provide
on-going case management for up to 3 months.
Graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelors or Masters
Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or some other relevant Human
Services discipline. Licensed to practice as a Clinical Social
Worker, Mental Health Counselor, or Marriage and Family Therapist
or currently certified as an Addictions Professional or Criminal
Justice Addictions Professional in the state of Florida preferred.
(Current certification may substitute for professional degree.) No
less than two years experience providing assessment and referral
services to adults suffering from substance abuse related disorders
in the last five years.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competence in the areas
of human development, assessment, linking, monitoring, advocating,
and planning for Families and their members suffering from
substance abuse and related issues.
- Must be familiar with and demonstrate competence in various
treatment modalities and therapy models useful in the clinical and
behavioral management of Families.
- Current valid drivers license in the state of Florida.
- The FIS will conduct a standardized screening to assist the
Child Welfare Case Worker in identifying the nature and extent of
substance abuse, and to determine the most appropriate substance
abuse treatment referral source for assessment and placement.
- The FIS develops an Intervention Plan with each client and
updates the Intervention Plan at every major decision point or
minimally every 30 days.
- The FIS provides individual or group Motivational Enhancement
Therapy to all assigned clients.
- The FIS provides Case Management services assisting in securing
transportation and child care arrangements in order for the client
to attend scheduled treatment appointments.
- The FIS will provide a monthly status report to the Child
Welfare Case Worker.
- The FIS will make recommendations to the court regarding Family
- Makes commitment to SMAs mission and core values the SMA
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of
dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
SMA Healthcare is a tobacco and drug-free workplace. EEO Employer W
/ M / Vet / Disabled
Keywords: SMA Healthcare, Daytona Beach , Family Intervention Specialist, Other , daytona beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!