Independent Contractor Opportunity for a Sr. Clinical Research
Associate, with Osteoporosis study experience to cover South East
#IQVIABiotech, a division of IQVIA, delivers flexible, tailored,
clinical and commercial solutions designed for biotech and
Contract - Senior Clinical Research Associate (CRA)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Participates in the preparation and execution of Phase I-IV
clinical trials. Oversees the progress of clinical investigations
by conducting site evaluation, initiation, and interim close out
visits to sites. Monitors clinical trials in accordance with Good
Clinical Practices and procedures set forth by IQVIA Biotech and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of clinical research process, including
working knowledge of all functional areas of clinical trials and
- Four+ years of internal medicine and/or Osteoporosis studies a
- Experience in monitoring and/or coordinating clinical trials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to express
complex ideas to study personnel at research and clinical
- Demonstrated ability to form strong functional
- Excellent, presentation, organizational and interpersonal
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff to
coordinate/execute study activities.
- Ability to handle several priorities within multiple, complex
- Ability to reason independently and recommend specific
solutions in clinical settings.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and work within a
matrix team environment.
- Ability to mentor other CRAs and co-monitor, as required.
- Knowledge of electronic data capture including basic data
- Knowledge of current GCP/ICH guidelines applicable to the
conduct of clinical research.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BS/BA/BSc (or equivalent) in one of the life sciences or health
care background (RPh, RN, etc) and a minimum of four (4) years of
monitoring/site management experience is required; or equivalent
combination of education, training and experience.
- Prior Clinical Research Organization (CRO) experience
- Experience working on Osteoporosis studies a plus.
- Prior project team leadership experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of budget management preferred.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- Valid driver's license
- Computer skills including proficiency in use of Microsoft Word,
Excel and PowerPoint and use of a laptop computer
- Very limited physical effort required to perform normal job
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication
requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science
and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our
customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics,
technology solutions and contract research services we provide to
the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+
employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and
intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants
with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation
to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in
the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition
team at email@example.com to arrange for such an