Director of Instructional Design and Development
Company: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University announces an exciting
opportunity at the Worldwide Headquarters campus location in
Daytona Beach, FL. The Director of Instructional Design and
Development has primary responsibility for the successful
production of multiple high-quality, asynchronous online courses.
There is daily communication with instructional designers, course
developers, media specialists, contractors, other Worldwide staff,
the Executive Director of Instructional Design & Development, and
the Vice Chancellor of Online Education. The position requires
superior critical thinking, decision-making, negotiation, and
communication skills, along with the promotion of a positive team
environment. Key job functions include:
- Oversees the work of other production staff, to ensure
adherence to expected quality, standards, and conventions.
- Supervises and trains production staff
- Works with Executive Director to establish course development
standards and policies and communicates those with other team
members and faculty.
- Works with Executive Director to establish quality review
standards/metrics and coordinates quality assurance reviews of
multiple courses and other instructional materials.
- Collaborates with faculty and colleges (Dean and/or Associate
Dean) to prepare high-quality, interactive online courses, for
academic and non-credit delivery.
- Edits and organizes electronic information to create
high-quality course content that is suited to the adult online
- Coordinates and, if necessary, negotiates the production and/or
acquisition of instructional materials, including video, graphics,
animations, and interactive media elements.
- In collaboration with faculty, produces instructional materials
within the university's Learning Management System
- Works equally well in a team-based and individual context, as
required by specific work demands.
- Manages production schedules, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Monitors and communicates textbook issues affecting course
development and implementation.
- Manages course approval process with academic department chairs
upon completion of course development.
- Consults with senior administration regarding online course
- Manages course review cycles and facilitates course
- If/when needed, engage with internal peers in the collaborative
design and development of online courses and related projects.
- Encouraged (but not required) to engage in research projects
with the goal of attending relevant conferences and training as
well as performing presentations.
A Master's degree in Instructional Design, Educational
Technology, New Media, Education, or other related field is
required, however, 8+ years of progressive experience in
Instructional Design may compensate for a lack of a completed
- Five years of demonstrated experience with relevant Master's
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Expertise with software applications used in designing online
learning experiences (Canvas or similar LMS)
- Experience in the design of engaging instructional media.
- Applies advanced critical thinking skills in a fast-paced,
- Addresses multiple deadlines and balances multiple needs and
- Communicates proactively, collaboratively, and professionally
with team members.
- Analyzes problems, identifies solutions, projects consequences
of proposed actions, and implements recommendations in support of
Keywords: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach , Director of Instructional Design and Development, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!