Company: Halifax Health
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Halifax Health is seeking a Reimbursement Specialist for the
PBFS Administration Department.
The Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for all aspects of
remittance posting while maintaining absolute accuracy for daily
balancing. This individual plays an active role in the Revenue
Cycle by accurately applying payments, adjustments and remittance
advice codes, performing analysis for contract rule validation and
tracking and trending for process improvement. Keeps management
apprised to any issues related to remittance and payment
- Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration,
Finance or at least two (2) years in a related field which can be
substituted for a degree.
- Preferred minimum of two (2) years of healthcare experience in
the area of reimbursement methodologies including managed care
contracts, Medicaid and Medicare.
- Preferred knowledge of electronic remittance posting,
interpretation of explanation of benefits, cash applications and
batch posting processes.
- Preferred knowledge in third party billing and collections in a
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
with strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to function and meet deadlines under stressful
conditions and prioritize work flow.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate posting, adjusting and reconciling of funds
received via lockbox payments, Electronic Funds Transfers and mail
with posting accuracy of 99% or greater.
- Forwards potential third party or patient refunds to the Refund
Specialist based on credit balances created from payments and/or
adjustments posted to patient's accounts.
- Responds to system tasks in a timely manner
- Prepares daily reconciliation of cash posting to Accounting
- Applies payroll deductions within 48 hours of receipt.
- Applies payments and adjustments not completed by the
electronic remittance system.
- Prepares remote bank deposits and processes credit card
transactions daily with 100% accuracy.
- Correctly identifies remittance codes and applies them to
individual patient's accounts as received by insurance companies.
Validate, track and trend remittance codes for process
- Correctly identifies underpaid claims in accordance with
hospital insurance contracts by applying underpayment codes
correctly to patients accounts based off information received by
- Post insurance payments to the correct insurance plans as
identified by hospital contracts. Updates patient accounts with
corrected insurance plans and forwards to registration areas as
identified at time of posting.
- Performs research related to unidentified payments received to
determine the appropriate accounts for posting.
- Perform daily reconciliation process and procedure to ensure
accuracy to daily postings.
- Contributes to effective working relationships by demonstrating
a positive and helpful attitude in relationship with
- Maintains privacy strictly adhering to HIPAA guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key
Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler
counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a
network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community
hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four
outreach locations, the area's largest hospice, a center for
inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in
clinic specializing in women's health, two community clinics, three
children's medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an
exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area's
only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and
Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB
Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that
cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information,
Keywords: Halifax Health, Daytona Beach , Reimbursement Specialist, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!