Assistant Chief of Facilities
Company: Diamond Resorts
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: May 5, 2021
JOB SUMMARY Under general supervision, the Assistant Chief of
Facilities supervises, coordinates and performs facility and
management functions to facilities team members, outside
contractors, and vendors. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares work schedules.
- Evaluates work of subordinates and supervisors.
- Assigns work.
- Follows up on reports to management.
- Ensures that departmental policies and procedures are
- Resolves employee complaints and grievances.
- Maintain and update employee and department files.
- Trains and develops staff and completes annual performance
- Reward and discipline employees.
- Monitor supplies inventory.
- Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Must be able to perform duties of subordinates.
- Ensure proper logbook records are maintained.
- Supervise maintenance and repairs of water and boiler treatment
- Maintain pool and spas to standard.
- Must perform similar and related duties as assigned by upper
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all
policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent. EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in facilities,
maintenance, or related field is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position provides immediate
supervision to direct reports. Oversee and controls the work
performance of others in a close working relationship, often in the
same room or close proximity. A portion of the time may be spent
performing individual tasks similar to those performed by direct
reports. May participate in the interview, selection, and training
processes as assigned. May be responsible for assigning work to
direct reports, reviewing results in accordance to policies and
procedures, and providing recommendations to management. LICENSE &
- Universal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification.
- OSHA 30.
- Driver's License (non-commercial) - must be state-specific.
SKILLS & ABILITIES This position requires the capability to
understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as
knowledge and usage of correct business English and office
practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others,
analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working
relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external
customers. Specific skills and abilities include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Read and interpret blue prints.
- Working knowledge of hot water boilers, HVAC equipment, and
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understand how to develop and implement business
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and
manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one
task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines
and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or
Keywords: Diamond Resorts, Daytona Beach , Assistant Chief of Facilities, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!