MES Controls Engineer III
Company: B. Braun Medical Inc.
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain
management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical
products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product
areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy
and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to
eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient,
clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap and CAPS.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than
61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise
philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with
customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues
of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun
Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Applies standard engineering techniques to design, analyze,
test, maintain, repair or improve products, components or
assemblies. Analyzes, develops and evaluates systems. Improves and
maintains current systems or creates brand new projects. Designs
and drafts blueprints with designer, visits systems in the field
and manages projects. Must be SME in field at higher levels of job.
Applies engineering techniques and analyses within the scope of the
assignment. The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall
also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor
from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- MES experience in the following platforms Rockwell PharmaSuite
Experience, Werum PAS-X, Syncade, etc
- Knowledge of ERP Platforms such as SAP, Oracle, etc
- Knowledge of Database technologies such as SQL and Oracle
- Familiarity with industry standards, such as ANSI/ISA-95 and
- Architecting, implementing, and integrating solutions focused
around tracking, analyzing, and improving the manufacturing
- Designing and implementing data management strategies for the
integration of MES solutions with our ERP software and plant
- Conceptualizing solutions during the design phase of the
project life cycle
- Manufacturing execution system configuration, programming,
debugging, and testing
- Creating documentation, including project engineering notes,
project proposals, project design traceability documentation, case
studies, and more
- Commissioning innovative solutions; finding, sharing and
capitalizing on opportunities for improvementMentoring colleagues
on your expertise and knowledge base
- Requires breadth of professional field and industry knowledge.
Ability to integrate critical information and champion advanced
strategies/concepts through the organization. Drives development of
advanced technologies, principles and processes.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of
lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers
to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit
operations. May consult with senior management.
- Learning new technologies
- Creating methodologies and performing complex
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and
passport, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed, On-call
hours as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its "Sharing Expertise" initiative, B. Braun promotes
best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the
types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different
positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward
- Occasionally:Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud
(hearing protection required), Push/pull, Reaching upward and
downward, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Frequently:Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of
- Occasionally:Proximity to moving parts
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Frequently:Production/manufacturing environment
- Constantly:Office environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc., Daytona Beach , MES Controls Engineer III, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!