Operating Room Technician - Main OR
Company: Halifax Health
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Halifax Health is seeking an Operating Room Technician for the
The OR Technician is responsible for transporting newborn,
pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients to and from the
surgical suite in compliance to JCAHO, HIPAA and OSHA standards.
Aids in positioning and prepping patients for all types of surgical
procedures. Maintains OR area cleanliness and restocks supplies.
Assists with cleaning of surgical suites. Adheres to hospital and
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Critical Care Technician, Nursing Assistant, SPD or OR
- Good communication skills
- Understands and follows verbal and written instructions
- BLS required
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift a minimum of 50lbs
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Transports patients and patient charts for all sections of the
department, following hospital and departmental policy.
- Possesses knowledge and skills to care for newborn, pediatric,
adolescent, adult, geriatric, and multi-cultural patients in a
- Obtains blood and other specimens correctly and in a timely
- Complies with "hand-off" policy
- Stocks supplies for department.
- Attends meetings as assigned.
- Adheres to departmental dress code.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key
Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler
counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a
network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community
hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four
outreach locations, the area's largest hospice, a center for
inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in
clinic specializing in women's health, two community clinics, three
children's medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an
exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area's
only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and
Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB
Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that
cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information,
Keywords: Halifax Health, Daytona Beach , Operating Room Technician - Main OR, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!