Calling all Teachers!! Richard Milburn
Academy seeks a High School Social Studies Teacher.
(Must posses active certification)
Excellent Benefit Package!
Interested applicants should submit their resume and employment
Job Purpose: To help students learn
subject matter and skill that will contribute to their development
as mature, knowledgeable, responsible men and women.
Essential Duties and
Responsibilities: (Include but are not limited
1. Meet and instruct assigned students in the locations and at
the time designated.
2. Plans a program of study that meets the individual
needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of
preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of
classroom behavior and achievement.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of
curriculum standards and establishes clear objectives which reflect
these standards for all lessons, units, and projects.
7.Employs a variety of instructional techniques and
8. Implements the school's mission, philosophy of education and
instructional standards and objectives.
9. Assesses and documents the accomplishments of students
on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Documents the learning problems of students and seeks the
assistance of specialists as required.
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as
required by law, school policy, and administrative regulation.
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and
rules governing student life and conduct for classroom behavior.
Maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
14.Makes provision for being available to students and parents
for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when
required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for educational
assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and cooperatively with supervisors,
assesses their job performance.
16.Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
especially as relates to the specific assignment and student grade
subject area appropriateness.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as
18. Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with
19. Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with
students, colleagues, and parents concerning both the broad
academic and behavioral progress of assigned students.
20. Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other
related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by
the School Director as appropriate.
1. A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or
2. Maintains a valid teacher certification which is grade level
and subject area appropriate for the particular assignment required
by federal, state or local regulations, laws or regulatory bodies
including the No Child Left Behind Act; which includes current
state certification, acceptable scores on mandatory tests or other
documentations meeting the requirements set forth by our
organization and/or regulatory bodies for this position.
3. Prior experience or formal training in working with "at risk"
4. A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner with
a variety of constituencies including parents, students and
5. Ability to effectively educate and manage students from
varying backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
6. Experience in effectively handling conflict.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company
may find appropriate and acceptable.
Powered by JazzHR