Unit Clerk/Monitor Tech
Company: Halifax Health
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Halifax Health is seeking a Unit Clerk/Monitor Tech for the 4N
The Unit Clerk/Monitor Tech performs clerical and receptionist
duties on assigned unit. This individual is responsible for
recognition and posting of monitor rhythms, and is responsible for
operation and daily maintenance of monitor equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Successful completion of the Basic ECG Recognition Exam for
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or unit secretary
- Must possess basic computer skills or ability to learn and use
- Must possess effective communication skills with unit staff and
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters physician orders into the computer accurately and
efficiently; ensures orders are being entered using correct patient
name, medical record number and visit number.
- Establishes priority of unit needs.
- Is aware of role in all emergency situations.
- Assembles and maintains patient's chart; ensures all paperwork
in chart has correct patient label.
- Orders unit supplies and chart forms
- Greets patient, visitor, physician and other hospital personnel
in a courteous, friendly manner.
- Once the patient is placed on cardiac monitoring, ensures that
all patients are being monitored while on the unit.
- Ensures that all alarms are active.
- Responds to all monitor alarms and:
- Notifies RN, Charge RN, Coordinator or Manager as
- Obtains a sample of the alarm rhythm and places in appropriate
section of the chart.
- Notifies RN immediately of any change in patient cardiac
- Prints a readable sample of the patient's rhythm per the unit
policy and places in the appropriate section of the chart.
- Admits, discharges and transfers patients on the monitoring
- Collaborates with Biomedical Department regarding proper
maintenance and functioning of equipment.
- Cleans and stores telemetry equipment when not in use.
- Performs as an effective Team Member:
- Presents a positive attitude and demeanor
- Uses effective and appropriate communication skills.
- Works harmoniously with other licensed and non-licensed
- Assists with orientation of new unit clerks
- Demonstrates professional development and accountability:
- Reports to work at scheduled starting time
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates a positive
- Follows legal and ethical guidelines in handling patient
- Completes annual education
- Attends unit in-services, staffing meetings and required
Keywords: Halifax Health, Daytona Beach , Unit Clerk/Monitor Tech, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!