Our client is looking to hire a Data Visualization Developer to be
a member of the Data Engineering & Architecture Team.
As a Data Visualization Developer, the role is responsible for
the expansion of rich interactive graphics, data visualizations and
charting, designing, developing and supporting interactive data
visualizations created from source data in the Data Garage.
Successful candidates for this role must have critical
thinking skills, be creative, curious, resourceful, and have a
passion for conveying a wide range of information through polished
and engaging reports and dashboards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
? Create standard and custom visualizations that meet team
parameters while ensuring data validity, statistical integrity, and
? Creating and editing visual content including maps, charts, and
? Transforming data sets, quantitative and qualitative analysis
into compelling visuals. Providing visual, technical and editorial
? Updating, creating, and supporting databases and reports with key
metrics to guide strategic decisions.
? Identifying and gathering relevant and quality data sources to
address problems and recommending strategy through testing or
exploratory data analysis (EDA).
? Integrating and transforming disparate data sources and
determining the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
? An important part of the role is focused on computer
graphics and design for expert data visualization, visual
perception, design skills, and interactive graphics skills and data
? Transforming data sets, quantitative and qualitative
analysis into compelling visuals. Providing visual, technical and
? Working with business clients to understand their needs and to
implement data visualization methodologies to meet those needs.
? Remaining up to date with the latest visualization , standards,
systems and future forward tools and languages.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• 5-10 years' experience in technology solutioning
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information
systems, software engineering, or any related degree.
• Background in data engineering, ETL, data infrastructure and data
• Experience in data analysis, data processing, data modeling,
and data mining.
• Candidate should be experienced in Tableau, Power BI, Python
R, Protoviz, d3 and other data visualizations tools.
• Candidate should be experienced in advanced solution platforms
such as Snowflake, Matillion
• Experience using Tableau to develop operational and analytical
dashboards which accessing data from multiple sources required.
• The individual should be proficient in building, publishing
customized interactive reports and dashboards with drillable
hierarchies and report scheduling using Tableau server.
• In-depth knowledge of data visualization libraries.
• Experience in research, pattern recognition, statistics,
data mining, reporting, and data interpretation skills.
• The ideal candidate is a team player with a positive
attitude, collaborative mindset and excellent interpersonal and
motivational skills, who can work well with technical and
non-technical staff across numerous areas.
• Candidate should also possess strong interpersonal and
communication skills and be able to work with a wide variety of
people, departments through collaboration and knowledge
• The candidate should also be able to manage competing
priorities through effective communication and time management
• Experience with Visualization within a mature analytical
• Preferred experience in front end web development and
• Preferred experience with programming languages such as Python,
Ruby and Elixir.
• Strong people skills.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Show an aptitude for on-the-job learning
• Ability to handle stress and work under pressure with
• The ability to interact with a wide range of people from
different backgrounds and races.
• Excellent teaching, problem-solving, communication, and
• Customer-oriented attitude