Resource/Patient Flow Coordinator
Company: Halifax Health
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Halifax Health is seeking a Resource/Patient Flow Coordinator
for the Patient Placement Department.This individual is responsible
for patient placement and flow, transfer coordination in accordance
with state and federal guidelines, and adjusting staffing levels
based on organizational needs under the direction of the House
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate's
degree in healthcare related field preferred
- Two years experience in a hospital setting is required
- Business office experience is preferred
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and excellent
customer service required
- Ability to handle high levels of stress due to varying and
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Must have general PC operational knowledge and skills
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrate ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
and independently, with minimal supervision.
- Recognize and react to changing priorities.
- Effectively communicate with physicians, peers, and nursing
- Handles physician consults.
- Computer skills must include the ability to input data,
retrieve data, and prepare reports.
- Evaluate, coordinate, monitor, and document all activities
associated with the transfer process.
- Coordinates communication between the referring physician and
the accepting physician.
- Verify organizational capacity and capability prior to any
communication with accepting physician.
- Maintain working knowledge of current Trauma criteria and
- Notify Care Coordinator immediately of transfer related
concerns, and document in the occurrence reporting system.
- Assesses patient flow and coordinates activities to ensure
accurate, timely patient placement.
- Appropriately prioritize placement of internal transfers,
direct admissions, ED, and PACU patients.
- Provide patient data to physicians and Care Coordinator as
- Constant communication with Care Coordinator regarding patient
flow and resource concerns.
- Ensure accuracy of TeleTracking and OptiLink data.
- Coordinate activities related to clinical resource
- Maintain accurate records of CSO employees time worked in
- Provide reports utilizing TeleTracking patient flow data and
OptiLink clinical resource data, as requested.
- Coordinates activities to notify appropriate physician of
consult within targeted timeframe.
- Performs accurate entry of physician consults in a timely
- Utilization of Vocera, hands-free headsets, and call recording
system per department guidelines/policies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor
or Manager.Recognized as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular
Hospitals--- in the United States by IBM Watson Health---, Halifax
Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum
of health care services through a network of organizations
including a tertiary hospital, two community hospitals, urgent care
clinics, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with five
outreach locations, the area's largest hospice, a center for
inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation clinics,
primary care walk-in clinics, a clinic specializing in women's
health, a pediatric care community clinic, five pediatric medical
practices, a home health care agency and an exclusive provider
organization. Halifax Health offers the area's only Level II Trauma
Center, Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center (TSC), Center for
Transplant Services, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Child and
Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB
Emergency Department and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
that cares for babies born earlier than 28 weeks. For more
information, visit halifaxhealth.org.
Keywords: Halifax Health, Daytona Beach , Resource/Patient Flow Coordinator, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!