Clinical Nurse Educator (RN), Brooks Rehab, Halifax, Daytona Beach, FL
Company: Brooks Rehabilitation
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: September 21, 2022
For 50 years, -, headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., has been a
comprehensive source for physical rehabilitation services. As a
nonprofit organization, Brooks operates one of the nation's largest
inpatient rehabilitation hospitals in the U.S. with 160 beds, one
of the region's largest home healthcare agencies, 40 outpatient
therapy clinics, a Center for Inpatient Rehabilitation in
partnership with Halifax Health in Daytona Beach, the Brooks
Rehabilitation Medical Group, two skilled nursing facilities,
assisted living and memory care. Brooks will treat more than 60,000
patients through its system of care each year. In addition, Brooks
operates the Clinical Research Center, which specializes in
research for stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury and more to
advance the science of rehabilitation. Brooks also provides many
low or no cost community programs and services such as the Brooks
Clubhouse, Brooks Aphasia Center and Brooks Adaptive Sports and
Recreation to improve the quality of life for people living with
physical disabilities. Brooks Rehabilitation proudly employs over
2,500 clinicians and staff across the state of Florida. We are
looking for exceptional people to join our culture of caring and
bring our mission to life.
- Instruct newly hired nursing staff in the clinical aspects of
the practice of nursing.
- Consult with the VP/Nursing Services and Nursing Managers in
developing curriculum content, course outline and teaching
schedules in conformity with objectives of the nursing program and
- Instruct students and facilitate discussions about accepted
methods of nursing practice including professional aspects of
nursing, assessment of functional health patterns, nursing
interventions, medical, surgical and allied health treatments (such
as observing and recording symptoms and applying principles of
asepsis and antisepsis, etc.).
- Interact and collaborate with nursing service personnel to
supplement classroom learning with practical experience in nursing
unit or community; as necessary recommend orientees for specific
skills training and observe performance in actual nursing
situations assign students to patients and observe performance in
actual nursing situations.
- Prepare, administer and grade examinations to determine student
performance and achievement; maintain necessary records to indicate
- Assist new staff through observational and participative
experiences to apply nursing theory, the nursing process and
nursing techniques in the rehabilitative clinical setting.
- Counsel nurses on educational and related problems; facilitate
problem solving process; offer advice and assistance as
- Make recommendations to the VP/Nursing Services and Executive
Director, Learning in developing curriculum content and improved
teaching and nursing techniques.
- Discuss instructional or related matters within the Brooks
community; strive continuously to improve quality of student
- Attend professional workshops, conference and other educational
meetings to promote growth, broaden the knowledge and skills of the
faculty and to improve the quality of nursing education.
- Assist in the preparation of reports required by national and
state accrediting agencies.
- Perform related work as required. Qualifications: -
- Bachelors in Nursing in the state of Florida is required, MSN
- Two calender years of prior full-time employment or the
equivalent in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse.
- Extensive knowledge of professional nursing techniques and
practices, including the organization and operations of the nursing
- Thorough knowledge of the purposes and functions of modern
schools of nursing education and their relationship with health
- Thorough knowledge of the state and federal regulations
governing nursing practice
- Thorough knowledge of instructional and educational methods and
- Considerable knowledge of health care agencies/hospitals
organization and functions of departments, policies, regulations
- Considerable knowledge of current literature and new
developments in the rehabilitation nursing field.
- Ability to coordinate educational experiences with nursing
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of the professional
nursing education program, the quality of instruction and recommend
and institute changes to improve the overall quality of nursing
- Ability to express ideas effectively in oral and written
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with associates, colleagues, students and members of
the staff. $7,500 Bonus with a 2-year commitment (not eligible for
internal employees) - Day Shift 7a-7p & variable times as this role
will require 50% direct patient care Location: -303 N Clyde Morris
Blvd Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Keywords: Brooks Rehabilitation, Daytona Beach , Clinical Nurse Educator (RN), Brooks Rehab, Halifax, Daytona Beach, FL, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!