Company: Florida Department of Transportation
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Requisition No: 707481 Agency: Department of Education Working
Title: SENIOR CLERK - 48006194 Position Number: 48006194 Salary:
$15.00 per hour Posting Closing Date: 03/31/2023 DIVISION OF BLIND
SERVICES LOCATION: DAYTONA BEACH (VOLUSIA COUNTY) SUCCESSFUL
COMPLETION OF A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND SCREENING IS A CONDITION OF
EMPLOYMENT. CANDIDATES ARE TYPICALLY HIRED AT THE MINIMUM SALARY.
ALL EMPLOYMENT GAPS MUST BE EXPLAINED AND INCLUDED WITH WORK
HISTORY WHEN APPLYING. Job Description: The incumbent in this
position will work for the Division of Blind Services in the
Braille & Talking Book Library located in Daytona Beach. This
position works under broad general supervision and will assist in
the daily duties of the circulation section of the Braille and
Talking Book Library. The employee will be expected to perform
under tight timeframes and complete duties with minimal errors.
Examples of Work: * Assist the Circulation Department Supervisor
and colleagues with managing the shipping and receiving of daily
Library materials from patrons throughout the State of Florida.
* Work with colleagues daily to sort, inspect, and shelve returned
* Assist staff with the management and matching of digital books
and containers that are mismatched or have become separated in
* Work with colleagues to update material inventories and manage
extra Library materials for the distribution to other network
libraries and/or recycle.
* Assist the Circulation Department Supervisor with inventory and
management of National Library Service (NLS) issued equipment
including the circulation and routine maintenance of the equipment
as recommended by NLS guidelines.
* Develop a working knowledge of the equipment used by the
department; train and coach staff as needed in their use.
* Develop a general knowledge of the Keystone Library Automation
* Assist with keeping all work areas clean, free of clutter and in
compliance with all safety guidelines. Knowledge, Skills and
Abilities: * Ability to establish and maintain effective working
* The employee will be required to walk, stand, bend as well as be
able to lift a maximum of 25 pounds.
* Ability to safely operate a pallet jack and scissor lift.
* Ability to thoroughly learn the procedures for managing the
Library's inventory of digital talking book machines. Minimum
Qualifications: Two years of secretarial or clerical work
experience. A high school diploma or its equivalent can substitute
for one year of the required work experience. To be considered for
a position with the Division of Blind Services: * All fields in the
candidate profile must be completed.
* Work history, hours worked, and formal education fields must be
filled out to determine qualifications for this position. Putting
"see resume" does not substitute for completing all sections of the
* Responses to qualifying questions must be verifiable in the
candidate profile. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Preference will be given for qualifying veterans, employees in
layoff status and qualified candidates based on a review of their
overall scores, KSAs, primary and supplemental applications, as
well as completion of any required work samples, willingness
questionnaires, and behavioral/personality/skills tests, and
interview responses, as applicable. References and file reviews
from previous employment will be verified to determine
* Resumes and other documentation can be attached to provide
* Individuals lacking the ability to competently do the job and
those who are unable to positively contribute to a productive team
environment, need not apply.
* The successful candidate must be able to pass a Level II
* All previous periods of employment must be listed and accounted
for. The Florida Division of Blind Services is committed to
increasing recruitment and hiring of Veterans and individuals with
disabilities and improving employment outcomes. The State of
Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the
workplace. Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as
defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the
agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center
(1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made
in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees
are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with
Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act. Nearest Major
Market: Daytona Beach
Keywords: Florida Department of Transportation, Daytona Beach , Senior Clerk, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!