Company: Bethune-Cookman University
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Job Title: Cashier
Reporting Structure: Director, Student Accounts
Division: Enrollment Management and Student Experience
Job Summary: The Student Accounts Cashier is responsible for
collecting amounts owed to the institution, acting as a liaison
between the cashier's office and the Director of Student Accounts,
processing various financial transactions for student accounts,
processing deposits for university departments, and maintaining
proper documentation and reports. This individual will also be
responsible for assist with end of the day reconciliation.
* Collects and processes various types of payments to student
accounts and processes deposits for university departments.
* Cash checks and make change for students and employees.
* Prepares or verifies cash and check totals for daily bank
* Serve as Cashier at institutional events and balance
* Maintain and balance petty cash issued to departments.
* Process returned checks.
* Creates journal entries for daily bank deposits and credit card
* Enter data to student accounts.
* Distribute student paychecks.
* Collect delinquent accounts via phone calls and mailings.
* Researches and responds to student and departmental
* Posts payment by third party contract agreements to student
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent certificate and a minimum of
one-year experience in the duties specified.
Ability to make mathematical calculations with reasonable speed and
Knowledge of proper office methods and procedures.
Skill in the use of standard office equipment including a desk
calculator and computer.
Ability to handle large sums of money accurately and
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
Associate Degree or higher Business, Finance, banking or other
3 years' experience in bookkeeping, and/or cashiering.
Requires some physical effort, i.e., some standing and walking,
frequent light lifting (5-15 lbs.); and manual dexterity in the
operation of office equipment; extensive periods of time at a
keyboard; occasional hours outside the normal University schedule;
and extensive travel.
The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national and ethnic origin, sex, retaliation, marital status,
religion or disability, or any other applicable local, state or
federal regulation. Inquiries regarding provisions for persons with
disabilities, equal employment opportunity and Title IX matters
should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at
The university reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any
time in its' attempts to improve the operations of the
Keywords: Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona Beach , Cashier, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!