Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: January 23, 2023
DescriptionAll the benefits and perks you need for you and your
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing ResourcesOur promise to you:Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. Its about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
- Schedule: Part Time
- Shift : Days - T/W/TH/F 09:00 - 19:30
- The community you will be caring for: AdventHealth Daytona -
301 Memorial Medical Pkwy, Daytona Beach, FL 32117The role you will
contribute:The Transporter performs patient transport duties for
all areas of Nursing and Radiology, transferring patient to
appropriate transport vehicle and transports patient to and from
patient rooms. Coordinates and schedules transport as needed
between patient floors and other departments in order to facilitate
patient care. Monitors and coordinates with nursing regarding
status of O2, IV, suction etc. Provides for patient comfort and
safety during transport. Performs basic cleaning of wheelchairs and
stretchers. Monitors O2 tanks and stocks as needed to ensure
adequate supply for transport. Assists in patient transfer to and
from bed or chair as needed.The value youll bring to the team:
- Coordinates with radiology and nursing staff regarding patient
- Coordinates with CMU if patient is on telemetry.
- Ensures proper method of transport by communicating as needed
with nursing staff.
- Utilizes safe lifting practices in transferring patient to
appropriate transport method.
- Moves patient to and from stretchers and wheelchairs, as
- Assist others in lifting and moving of patients.
- Performs basic patient care duties, within scope of practice,
ensuring patient comfort, safety and privacy.
- Transports patients with O2, suction, IV, etc. as needed,
monitoring status and reporting to nursing staff as needed.
- Cleans and maintains department wheelchairs and stretchers,
reporting any maintenance needs or safety hazards. Maintains
department stock of O2 as needed for patient transport.
- May be required to alternate shifts as needed for
- May perform some clerical functions and report print/sorts and
- May assist patient into/out of transport vehicle in parking
- Other duties as assigned and as required for completion of
- Exhibits ICARE values and loving care in all interpersonal
contacts. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and
professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal
effectively with customers and populations served, including:o
Patientso Guestso Co-Workerso The publico Medical staffo External
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills;
maintains required level of confidentiality; interacts effectively
with employees at all levels.
- Conforms to all Adventist Health System and Florida Hospital
Memorial Medical Center policies and procedures including but not
limited to:o Mission/Vision/Values and Philosophyo Customer Service
Pledgeo Corporate Complianceo Rules of Conduct as outlined in the
Guidelines for Employees handbooko No Smokingo Dress Code
- Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance;
makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in
procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work
habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time
habits including meal and other breaks.
- Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department
training/meetings as required including but not limited to:
department Huddles, annual education, safety training, Town Halls,
etc. Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety,
security, disaster procedure regulations and National Patient
Safety Goals as presented in orientation, outlined in safety
manual, and as pertains to each work area.
- Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:o
Embracing and demonstrating a commitment to Sacred Worko
Appropriate use of resourceso Providing assistance to team memberso
Accepting work or schedule assignmentso Participating in process
and performance improvement as required
- Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters,
hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the
crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This
is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in
termination.QualificationsThe expertise and experiences youll need
to succeed:KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Patient care and communications skills to work with patients
from infant, childhood, adolescent, adult and geriatric age
groups.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Six months customer service or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to use computer for patient information and basic
department clerical functions.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- BLS required
- CNA or other direct patient care experience preferred.This
facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
ordinances.Category: TransportationOrganization: AdventHealth
Daytona BeachSchedule: 1 - DayShift: AdventHealth Daytona BeachReq
ID: 23001509We are an equal opportunity employer and do not
tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap
with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion,
wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Daytona Beach , Patient Transporter, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!