Company: Florida Department of Transportation
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Requisition No: 723142
Agency: Department of Education
Working Title: SENIOR CLERK - 48007088
Position Number: 48007088
Salary: $31,200.00 Annually
Posting Closing Date: 03/31/2023
DIVISION OF BLIND SERVICES
LOCATION: DAYTONA BEACH (VOLUSIA COUNTY)
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND SCREENING IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
CANDIDATES ARE TYPICALLY HIRED AT THE MINIMUM SALARY.
ALL EMPLOYMENT GAPS MUST BE EXPLAINED AND INCLUDED WITH WORK HISTORY WHEN APPLYING.
The incumbent in this position will work for the Division of Blind Services in the Braille & Talking Book Library located in Daytona Beach. This position works under broad general supervision and will assist in the daily duties of the circulation section of the Braille and Talking Book Library. The employee will be expected to perform under tight timeframes and complete duties with minimal errors.
Examples of Work:
* Assist the Circulation Department Supervisor and colleagues with managing the shipping and receiving of daily Library materials from patrons throughout the State of Florida.
* Work with colleagues daily to sort, inspect, and shelve returned Library materials.
* Assist staff with the management and matching of digital books and containers that are mismatched or have become separated in transit.
* Work with colleagues to update material inventories and manage extra Library materials for the distribution to other network libraries and/or recycle.
* Assist the Circulation Department Supervisor with inventory and management of National Library Service (NLS) issued equipment including the circulation and routine maintenance of the equipment as recommended by NLS guidelines.
* Develop a working knowledge of the equipment used by the department; train and coach staff as needed in their use.
* Develop a general knowledge of the Keystone Library Automation System (KLAS).
* Assist with keeping all work areas clean, free of clutter and in compliance with all safety guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* The employee will be required to walk, stand, bend as well as be able to lift a maximum of 25 pounds.
* Ability to safely operate a pallet jack and scissor lift.
* Ability to thoroughly learn the procedures for managing the Library's inventory of digital talking book machines.
Two years of secretarial or clerical work experience.
A high school diploma or its equivalent can substitute for one year of the required work experience.
To be considered for a position with the Division of Blind Services:
* All fields in the candidate profile must be completed.
* Work history, hours worked, and formal education fields must be filled out to determine qualifications for this position. Putting "see resume" does not substitute for completing all sections of the candidate profile.
* Responses to qualifying questions must be verifiable in the candidate profile. Not all applicants will be interviewed. Preference will be given for qualifying veterans, employees in layoff status and qualified candidates based on a review of their overall scores, KSAs, primary and supplemental applications, as well as completion of any required work samples, willingness questionnaires, and behavioral/personality/skills tests, and interview responses, as applicable. References and file reviews from previous employment will be verified to determine suitability.
* Resumes and other documentation can be attached to provide additional information.
* Individuals lacking the ability to competently do the job and those who are unable to positively contribute to a productive team environment, need not apply.
* The successful candidate must be able to pass a Level II Background screening.
* All previous periods of employment must be listed and accounted for.
The Florida Division of Blind Services is committed
to increasing recruitment and hiring of Veterans and individuals with disabilities and
improving employment outcomes.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Daytona Beach
Requisition No: 723142
Keywords: Florida Department of Transportation, Daytona Beach , Senior Clerk, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
here to apply!