Company: Halifax Hospital Medical Center
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Overview:Halifax Health is seeking a Dietary Clerk for the Food
and Nutritional Services Department.Summary:The Dietary Clerk is
responsible for clerical activities in the clinical diet clerks
office. This individual performs selective menu distribution,
collection and menu entry, prepares all late trays, serves as
liaison/problem solver between patient and Food and Nutrition
department and communicates as appropriate with tray line
supervisor/checker involving clinical diet accuracy. Job
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Strong verbal communication required.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work within
pre-defined time frames and deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm and efficient in the midst of varied
activity and stress levels.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to provide good customer service.
- Knowledge of clinical nutrition highly desirable.
- Computer skills are highly desirable. Job Duties and
- Maintain appropriate level of infection control.
- Answers, directs, and initiates calls/pages from the diet
office telephone communication system.
- Directs production requests/outside orders/supply requests to
the appropriate department area in a timely manner.
- Maintains adequate office supplies and forms for daily
- Communicates with the Nursing staff to resolve diet order
- Utilizes computer to print production tallies, department
reports and tray line tallies.
- Maintains appropriate diet restrictions while adjusting patient
marked menus for modified diets.
- Coordinates nutritional care responsibilities with the licensed
staff to provide accurate diets
- Communicates with patient and/or family to discuss and resolve
Food and Nutrition issues with a minimum of conflict.
- Assembles non complicated patient trays according to diet/menu,
established techniques, portion control, and infection
- Assists with data collection for Performance Improvement
department studies. About Us:Recognized as one of the 50 Top
Cardiovascular Hospitals in the United States by IBM Watson Health,
Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a
continuum of health care services through a network of
organizations including a tertiary hospital, two community
hospitals, urgent care clinics, psychiatric services, a cancer
treatment center with five outreach locations, the areas largest
hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient
rehabilitation clinics, primary care walk-in clinics, a clinic
specializing in womens health, a pediatric care community clinic,
five pediatric medical practices, a home health care agency and an
exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the areas
only Level II Trauma Center, Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center
(TSC), Center for Transplant Services, Pediatric Intensive Care
Unit, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete
Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born earlier
than 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.
Keywords: Halifax Hospital Medical Center, Daytona Beach , Dietary Clerk, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...