Sr Staff Engineer Manufacturing
Company: B. Braun Medical Inc.
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: May 16, 2019
Responsibilities:Position Summary:Responsible for functioning as an
individual contributor and subject matter expert for manufacturing
processes, testing, and troubleshooting. Provide engineering
expertise in a technical subject matter expert capacity supporting
the design and operation of equipment and systems. Actively engaged
in the installation, evaluation, startup, verification,
maintenance, sustainability, and process optimization of
manufacturing systems and equipment. Demonstrate expertise within
the engineering field while working across a variety of functional
groups that are directly involved in site
operations.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Develops, evaluates and improves industrial manufacturing
methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and
parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment
capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements,
workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related
costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Communicates manufacturing capabilities, production schedules
or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Confers with vendors in order to determine specifications of
products and arrange equipment, material purchase and parts.
- Evaluates products based on specifications and quality
- The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also
include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from
time to time.
- It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take
reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other
persons.Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field.
- Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates
them to propose a course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning and
checking the work of lower level employees.
- Referring only complex problems and
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- 6-8 years related experience required.Desired:
- Master's degree preferred.While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel
and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 20 pounds.Braun offers an excellent benefits
package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition
reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www. bbraunusa.
com..Through its Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes
best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products
and services.OtherResponsibilities: Other Duties:The preceding
functions have been provided as examples of the types of work
performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this
description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Work Environment:The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc., Daytona Beach , Sr Staff Engineer Manufacturing, Other , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!