Company: Volusia County Schools
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Volusia County Schools
--- High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent or demonstrate
ability to read and write at a functional level by successful
completion of Volusia County Schools' Level 1 skills
--- Must be able to attend and complete various on-the-job training
--- Must be available after working hours (on-call) as a part of
the emergency and disaster team.
--- Must be available for scheduled shift work.
--- Prior experience as a custodian desirable
--- Ability to fulfill all work requirements outlined in the
Volusia County Schools Custodial Personnel Handbook, the
personnel specific job requirements, and the appropriate position
Description supplement requirements.
--- Ability to read, comprehend, and use written instructions,
directions regarding precautions, chemicals, maintenance, and
recommended use of job-related equipment, tools, or products.
--- Ability to use and maintain all types of custodial equipment,
tools, and chemicals.
--- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
--- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
--- Ability to work productively with little or no supervision.
--- Ability to participate in all types of emergency/disaster
--- Ability to complete tedious tasks.
--- Knowledge of chemicals (mixtures and uses) and cleaning
--- Knowledge of the use and minor maintenance of lawn
--- Knowledge of minor building maintenance using basic hand
--- Knowledge of basic carpet and hard surface floor care
--- Knowledge of basic maintenance on plumbing, electrical and
--- When required, ability to operate school board vehicles in
accordance with operational procedures and School Board Policy
505 as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Designated Principal/ Building Administrator and/or
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
To maintain a clean and safe environment of buildings and grounds
of Volusia County Schools
1. *Assure the safety of children comes first.
2. *Perform all cleaning and sanitizing in accordance with
Custodial Services Handbook and District requirements.
3. *Use custodial chemicals and supplies in accordance with
Custodial Services Handbook and manufacturer's instructions.
4. *Operate and maintain custodial equipment in accordance with
Custodial Services Handbook and manufacturer's
5. *Maintain proper care and disposal of all trash and recyclables
and adhere to energy and recycling program requirements.
CONTINUES ON PAGE TWO
Volusia County Schools
PAGE TWO, CUSTODIAN
6. *Perform general cleaning and sanitizing of facilities to
include, but not limited to, floors, carpets, classrooms,
cafeteria, gymnasium, shower and locker rooms, auditorium, toilet
rooms, drinking fountains, and all related areas, as well
as cleaning up after accidents and/or illnesses in accordance with
District procedures and general grounds maintenance.
7. *Unlock and secure facilities.
8. *Restock and maintain supplies in all restrooms.
9. *Replace lightbulbs, as needed. This will require use of
10. *Maintain the cleanliness of air conditioner filters, return
air grilles, and vents.
11. *Perform minor repairs and touch up painting.
12. *Move and assemble furniture and equipment.
13. *Abide by all security procedures.
14. *Represent Volusia County School Board (VCSB) and the
Department with a positive and professional service-oriented
15. *Work flexible shifts as required.
16. *Clean up body fluids, for example, vomit, blood, feces, urine,
according to prescribed procedures.
17. *Communicate verbally and in writing as assigned.
18. *Report any damage/dangerous or hazardous situations related to
work orders, equipment, or vehicles to supervisor.
19. *Wear provided designated departmental uniform.
20. *Attend cross-training seminars with others in the Division and
apply skills/ knowledge obtained, as assigned.
21. *Understand and comply with oral and written directions or
22. *Read, comprehend, and comply with written instructions or
directions regarding precautions and recommended use of
chemicals, equipment, or products.
23. Pressure washing of campus to include sidewalks and exterior of
24. *Handle, store, and use fuel and oil products according to safe
practices and procedures.
25. *Abide by safety rules/standards, when using tools and
equipment, which includes wearing required safety equipment and
compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
26. *Abide by the procedures included in the Volusia County Schools
Custodial Personnel Handbook.
27. *Work as part of a team by establishing and maintaining working
relationships that foster efficiency, productivity, quality
results, and promotes cooperation with administrators, fellow
employees, students, faculty, and the public.
28. *Respond during times of disaster/ emergency, as the need
arises including evenings and weekends.
29. *Perform effectively in emergency situations.
30. *Operate school board vehicles, when assigned, in accordance
with operational procedures and School Board Policy 505.
31. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Designated
Principal/ Building Administrator and/or Lead Custodian.
ANCILLARY CUSTODIAL POSITIONS:
--- Position is to cover vacancies at schools and could result in
multiple reporting locations. Efforts will be made to place you
schools on your side of the county but cannot be guaranteed.
--- Must have dependable transportation and personal cell phone for
--- Will be reporting to Custodial Supervisor
--- 2ND shift; may be 2:00pm to 10:00pm or similar hours
--- As vacancies occur at school-based sites you may apply for
Volusia County Schools
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
3/30/2021 Months: As Designated
Days: As Designated
Hours: As Designated
Bargaining Unit: 5
EEO- 7- line 52
3-B-I, K-O, Q, S-V
4- Indoors & Outdoors,
G, H, I
Keywords: Volusia County Schools, Daytona Beach , Custodian, Professions , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!