Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: November 5, 2019
Medical device company focused on disposable medical device
contract manufacturing located near the Daytona Beach area.
*must be a US citizen or permanent resident
JOB TITLE: Equipment Maintenance TechnicianREPORTS TO: Maintenance
SupervisorCLASSIFICATION: Non-ExemptSTATUS: Full-Time
JOB SUMMARYPerforms maintenance (predictive and preventive) of
equipment and processes. Performs duties to maintain manufacturing
production equipment and facilities, performs diagnostic,
preventative, and corrective maintenance and repair routines
involving mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, plumbing and
pneumatics functions, working within the limits of accepted or
standard practice. Focuses on using best business practice to
improve efficiency by reducing operating costs whilst increasing
productivity. Involved in execution of day-to-day operations,
particularly in relation to the support of
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- 3+ years' experience repairing, troubleshooting and diagnosing
manufacturing equipment such as RF Welding and/or Extrusion
equipment and/or related manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge/experience of mechanical,
hydraulic pneumatic and electrical manufacturing equipment and
building and climate control equipment.DESIRED
- High School Diploma/GED equivalency plus Technical training or
certification in production machine repair preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices, GMP guidelines and
ISO 13481 requirements desired.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance tasks and
completing associated documentation in a timely manner.
- Performs work and assists in maintaining operations in
compliance with applicable policies and OSHA regulations.
- Follows the Preventive Maintenance Schedule as established by
the Maintenance Manager and Planner.
- Performs complex repairs correctly and with minimal errors or
- Must demonstrate ability to anticipate potential problems and
communicate effectively to management.
- Keeps up-to-date with ISO/FDA and internal Quality Assurance
policies and procedures
- Ensures that information is complete and accurate; follows up
with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been
- Assists with building/facilities repairs & maintenance duties
- Assists as directed in the operation and maintenance of
manufacturing equipment and mechanical systems
- Works from equipment manuals, work orders and verbal
- Sets-up and operates production equipment to ensure proper
- Performs many ranges of diagnostic, preventative and corrective
maintenance routines required in accordance with prescribed
schedules to ensure the proper operation and maintenance of plant
- Maintains accurate records of preventative maintenance
- Lubricates moving parts, changes filters, maintains fluid
levels, cleans and checks parts for unusual wear and recommends the
need for replacement of parts of mechanisms.
- Responds to requirements for the repair of manufacturing plant
- Tears down equipment, diagnoses problems, determines causes,
replaces defective parts and mechanisms, reassembles, test and
report on results.
- Performs routine mechanical, electrical and hydraulic repairs
and performs rebuilding of systems as directed.
- Determines the need for outside resources for assessment and
repair of unusual equipment problems.
- Sets-up and operates machine shop tools to make or repair
parts, maintains tool room and related equipment.
- May recommend purchases, cost savings measures, and assists
with the development of the budget.
- Constructs, moves, and assembles a range of facilities and
equipment including pulling and terminating wires, plumbing for
water/liquids, air, exhaust, and electrical lines as required for
the installation of new equipment and moving of existing
- Builds, repairs, and installs partitions, doors, and trim; uses
carpenter's hand tools and power tools.
- Installs glass in windows, doors, and partitions; replaces
damaged ceiling tile, floor tile, and sheet wall coverings.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee is required to sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or
feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to
bend and lift up to 70 lbs. as needed.
- Manufacturing and Warehouse work environment; Work is performed
primarily in a manufacturing setting. The noise level in the work
environment is occasionally loud.
- The warehouse and manufacturing areas may be dusty, noisy,
dirty and may have unpleasant odors.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand; walk;
talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate
objects, tools, or controls; Bend, stoop, climb and pull, must be
able to exert in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or
in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or in excess of 30
lbs. of force constantly to move objects, materials and/or
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch or craw; occasionally lift and/or move more than 50
- Stand & Walk daily, working shift hours, operating and lifting
equipment, tools and/or product manually or utilizing pallet
Keywords: SearchRSA, Daytona Beach , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!