Senior Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Florida Department of Transportation
Location: Daytona Beach
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Requisition No: 720605
Agency: Veterans Affairs
Working Title: SENIOR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - 50001579
Position Number: 50001579
Salary: $ 45,760.00/ Annually
Posting Closing Date: 11/30/2022
SENIOR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS' AFFAIRS
Emory L. Bennett Memorial State Veterans' Nursing Home
Daytona Beach, Volusia County
Annual Salary: $45,760.00
Shift: Multiple shifts available
New employees as well as returning employees that have been
separated from the Department for a period of 12 months or more are
eligible for the sign-on bonus of $2,000. (This amount will be paid
out over a two year period at 6-month intervals. Any employee
leaving employment with the agency or moving to OPS prior to that
timeframe will forfeit any additional bonus reimbursement.)
- Competitive Wage Scale
- Health Insurance- Family Plan $180 per MONTH
- Health Insurance- Individual Plan $ 50 per MONTH
- Choice of Insurance plans- HMO or PPO
- Life, Dental, Vision and much more offered
- State Pension/ Retirement and 401K
- 104 hours of vacation
- 104 hours of sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Tuition Waiver Program for full time employees- up to 6 credit
hours each semester
The FDVA Nursing State Veterans' Nursing Homes and Domiciliary are
designated employment sites for the Nursing Student Loan
- From funds available, the program may make nursing education
loan repayments of up to $4,000.00 per year, per nurse enrolled in
the program, for a maximum of four years.
- Payment is made at the end of each 12 month enrollment period
and made directly to the participant's lender.
- Enrollment and payment of awards is based on available
- Other Registered Nurse positions/shifts, including OPS
Temporary positions, may be filled from this advertisement within
six (6) months of the closing date*
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and holidays as
- Licensure as a Practical Nurse.
- One (1) year of experience in providing practical nursing
- Must have up to date CPR certification.
- Knowledgeable in the use of computer applications: Microsoft
Office Suite, including Outlook.
- Successful completion of the due diligence process, to include
but not limited to, a Level II Background check and drug
- Must participate in Direct Deposit.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following
* Experience medication administration in a skilled nursing
- The incumbent is responsible for providing quality care to the
veteran residents to ensure their health, safety and security in
accordance with established agency Standard Operating Procedures
and Nurse Practice Act.
- Perform assigned duties to include but not limited to
administration of medications and treatments per MD order,
monitoring and providing interventions to meet the needs of the
resident, completing accurate clinical documentation reflective of
resident's current status and supervising CNA and other supportive
- Administer medications and perform treatments to assigned
- Complete documentation of needs and treatment as required by
local, state, and federal requirements.
- Assist team members in giving care to patients.
- Administer direct care using nursing skills and judgment as
- Evaluate and document the patient's condition and nursing
- Set goals and prescribe appropriate nursing interventions to
meet the physical, psychological, social rehabilitative and
- Initiate and share in leadership of team conferences in
development of individualized nursing care plans.
- Assign nursing care to team members in accordance with the
patients' needs and available staffing. Coordinate other duties as
- Direct and evaluate nursing care provided to patients.
- Assist with orientation of new personnel.
- Coordinate nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy
or procedures by other departments/disciplines.
- Establish and maintain communications and utilize teaching
opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
- Report pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients
to the appropriate person (i.e. physician, head nurse, charge
nurse, and/or nursing supervisor and appropriate family
- Record observations accurately and concisely.
- Assist physicians with special tests and procedures within the
scope of the Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintain the standards of nursing care and implement the
policies and procedures of the facility and nursing
- Follow all local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
Comply and perform within the scope of practice as defined by the
Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Ensure economical utilization of supplies and ensure that
equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse
developments in patients such as cardiac arrest.
- Participate in the maintenance of a clean and safe
- Actively participate in continuing educational programs for
self-development and in overall quality improvement programs.
Perform other related duties, including special projects, as
This position is in the Career Service system.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative
Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence
in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the
Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring
authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to
allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees
are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with
Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,
candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive
preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are
encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to
receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements.
Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting
documentation with each submission that includes character of
service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any
other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida
Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation
requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is
due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Daytona Beach
Keywords: Florida Department of Transportation, Daytona Beach , Senior Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Daytona Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!